51.Rajveer's declaration

Naina stood frozen, her heart racing as Pratik Rajvansh's unexpected proposal echoed in her mind.

She felt numb, unable to process what had just happened.

The room seemed to blur around her, and for a few moments, she couldn't hear anything except the sound of her own heartbeat.

Time seemed to stand still.

Gradually, Naina's senses returned, and she became aware of her surroundings.

The first faces she saw were those of her parents, Advik Singh Alhuwaliya and Meera Singh Alhuwaliya, standing just a few feet away.

Their eyes locked with hers, and Naina saw the silent but reassuring support in their gaze.

They were with her, no matter what decision she made.

Her father gave her a subtle nod, as if to say, "we trust you, beta", while her mother's soft, loving expression told her that she wasn't alone in this.

Then, her eyes found her brother, Naveen Singh Ahluwaliya, standing stiffly beside Shalini Singhal, his fiancée.

Naveen's eyes blazed with fury, his hands clenched into fists. The moment Pratik had proposed, Naveen had been ready to explode.

His protective instincts were in overdrive, and he was just seconds away from charging at Pratik for daring to propose to his sister in such a manner.

But Shalini had gently held his arm, grounding him. "Naina is strong enough to handle this," she had whispered to him, her eyes calm yet firm. "You will go to her when she needs you."

Reluctantly, Naveen had held back, though his anger simmered just beneath the surface.

Naina's heart skipped a beat when her gaze finally landed on Rajveer Singh Shekhawat.

He stood silently at the back of the room, watching her with an intensity that made her feel both vulnerable and strong at the same time.

His eyes spoke volumes, more than any words could. "I'm here", they seemed to say, "just a step away from you."His silent assurance wrapped around her like a comforting blanket, and with that, Naina felt her confidence begin to return. Rajveer's presence was all she needed to gather her thoughts and find her voice.

Taking a deep breath, she straightened her back and finally spoke, her voice calm but firm. "I'm sorry, Pratik, but I cannot marry you. My answer is no."

The room fell into a stunned silence. Just then, Naina's buaa dadi, Santi Jindal, broke the tension with her sharp voice. "Naina, ye kya bole ja rahi hai? Balki tujhe Pratik ka shukriya ada karna chahiye ke wo tere army join karne ke baad bhi tujhse shaadi karne ko taiyar hai. Warna aaj kal koun karta hai tujhse shaadi?"

The words stung like venom.

Naina felt the familiar sting of judgment, but before she could respond, Naveen could no longer contain his rage. "Bas! Bahut bol liya aapne," he said, his voice like thunder, as he stepped forward, ready to confront their buaa dadi.

But before he could go any further, Naina raised her hand, a silent gesture for him to stop.

Her calm yet determined expression made Naveen pause. "Main ye situation handle kar lugi, bhai," she said quietly but confidently.

Naveen clenched his jaw, his body still tense, but he knew his sister.

Naina was stronger than people gave her credit for, and he had no doubt she could handle this.

With a final look at Pratik, Naveen stepped back, but the fire in his eyes remained.

Naina turned back to Pratik, who was still standing there, shock written all over his face.