Chapter 3: Demonstrating How to Hunt Wild Boar

A frail boy was roasting a plump golden chicken over a fire, causing quite a bit of smoke.

He tore off a small piece and put it in his mouth, his eyes lighting up instantly.

"Mm, this is the taste."

Ignoring the heat, he began eating large mouthfuls.

Delicious.

After a while, the satisfied boy tossed aside the bare chicken bones, patting his slightly bulging stomach, feeling a rare sense of contentment.

"Finally had a decent meal, it's really not easy. Surviving is so difficult."

After eating and drinking his fill, the boy sighed with emotion.

He stood up and stretched, several joints making crisp sounds.

"Still not quite satisfied. Why not hunt another one?"

Ethan Walker pondered this life dilemma, finally making a decision: he would do it.

He no longer wanted to experience the feeling of hunger.

He decided to hunt a big one.

In a swampy area, a wild boar was happily rolling in the mud. The thick soil was its hard armor. In the vicinity, it was a ruler, and its exaggerated tusks ensured that no small animal dared to challenge its authority.

But today, an uninvited guest had entered its territory.

Ethan Walker hid deeply in the bushes, pulling back his bow, his eyes fixed on the wild boar.

A big target.

"Wild boar, Physique: 1.8, Strength: 1.7, Agility: 1.5. Overall evaluation: a tough opponent equivalent to the late stage of Body Training Level One. Its hard skin and violent strength are its assets."

Ethan Walker evaluated his own strength and decided to take the risk. Although killing this wild boar with his current abilities would be difficult, he remembered a hunter's trap area and planned to lure the boar there to slowly kill it.

As they say, fortune favors the bold. To fill his stomach, he had to take this risk.

Ethan Walker aimed carefully, drawing the bowstring like a full moon, and shot an arrow straight at one of the boar's eyes.

With a whoosh, Ethan Walker didn't expect the wild boar to react so quickly. It shifted just as the arrow flew, and the wooden arrow only grazed its back, causing a shallow wound. The boar quickly shook it off.

Damn, I've been discovered.

The wild boar, now enraged, charged towards Ethan Walker's hiding spot. For a moment, he was paralyzed with fear, until the boar knocked him to the ground.

The boar was incredibly fast.

Ethan Walker used all his strength to hold back the boar's tusks. His arms were already bending under the strain and about to give out. At this critical moment, he remembered a punch technique he had learned from the spiritual master in the training ground.

He gathered his strength and delivered a powerful punch to the boar's face. Though it didn't cause significant harm, it gave Ethan Walker enough time to grab a sharp wooden arrow and stab it into the boar's right eye.

The boar roared in pain, feeling intense agony for the first time. The blood aroused its fury, and now it only wanted to tear the hateful human in front of it to pieces.

Seeing the boar go berserk, Ethan Walker ran for his life. This was no time to hesitate.

The boar, now fixated on the human, charged after him, trampling everything in its path, creating a clear trail.

Ethan Walker used the surroundings to distance himself from the boar. He suddenly realized he could run faster and faster, almost like the wind. He didn't know his exact speed, but everything around him seemed to blur as he sped past.

This feeling was exhilarating. After running for a while, Ethan Walker noticed the sounds behind him growing fainter; he had unknowingly outpaced the boar by a considerable distance.

An audacious idea struck him.

He decided to find the boar again and lure it into the trap to kill it. Bold and daring, Ethan Walker acted on his plan and returned to the boar.

The boar, frenzied from losing its target, was crashing around when the human returned.

Damn, can you believe this guy? He's so arrogant.

It felt like the human was taunting, "Come on, catch me if you can, and I'll let you... hehehe."

The boar, now infuriated, resumed its pursuit.

......

"Chase me, come on, why aren't you moving now?"

Ethan Walker taunted the trapped boar, even slapping his own butt in mockery.

The boar was in a miserable state. Its tough skin was fine, but its belly was vulnerable and now pierced by several sharp bamboo stakes, rendering it immobile and unable to climb out.

Even so, the boar's bloodshot eyes remained fixed on Ethan Walker, growling furiously.

"Roar all you want, you'll be quiet soon."

Ethan Walker urinated into the boar's open mouth. There's a saying that goes, "Not only do I shit on your head, but I also borrow paper from you."

Although Ethan Walker wanted to do just that, he decided it wasn't worth arguing with a beast. Peeing on it seemed sufficient.

However, Ethan Walker quickly regretted it.

After all, he planned to eat the boar, and now he had just contaminated it. Could he still eat it?

Realizing this, Ethan Walker wanted to slap himself. Why be so foolish?

Bored, Ethan Walker built a grill above the trap to start a fire while waiting for the boar to die.

The boar's belly continued to bleed, and death was only a matter of time.

But this was taking too long.

After more than half an hour, the boar finally stopped twitching, its legs kicking one last time as it died.

"Ding, system has automatically restored one unit of energy."

"Ding, detected a recently deceased creature. Death time does not exceed one hour. Possession possible. Proceed?"

"Ding, consuming one unit of energy. Choose an attribute to possess."

Ethan Walker chose the highest attribute, Physique.

A green light emerged from the boar's body and entered Ethan Walker. He felt himself grow stronger.

"Ding, successfully possessed wild boar's Physique 1.8. Current host attributes: Physique 3, Strength 1.5, Agility 2.2, Comprehension 6. Overall strength: peak of Body Training Level One. Friendly reminder: attributes reaching above 2 points can attempt breakthrough to Body Training Level Two. Please balance your attributes."