。゚☆ FOUR

Chapter Four
"Hippogriffs Bite Back"

Chapter Four"Hippogriffs Bite Back"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The Girls Dormitories ━━ Third Year 1993

THE SOFT light of dawn was just beginning to filter through the windows of the Gryffindor girls' dormitory when Cassie's eyes fluttered open. For a moment, she lay still, wondering why her heart was beating so fast. Then it hit her – today was her first day of classes.

She sat up quickly, pulling back the heavy red curtains of her four-poster bed. To her right, she could see Noah already up and brushing her long, dark hair, while Jane was still a lump under her covers.

"Morning, lovely!" Noah said with a grin. "Ready for the big day?"

Cassie nodded, trying to calm the butterflies in her stomach. "As ready as I'll ever be, I suppose."

A muffled groan came from Jane's direction. "Five more minutes," she mumbled into her pillow.

Noah rolled her eyes good-naturedly. "Come on, sunshine. You don't want to be late on the first day, do you?"

As they got ready, the dormitory filled with the sounds of drawers opening and closing, the rustle of robes, and excited chatter about what their classes might be like.

"I hope we have Defense Against the Dark Arts today," Cassie said as she attempted to tame her unruly hair. "I can't wait to see how Re- I mean, Professor Lupin teaches."

Noah raised an eyebrow. "That's right, he's your godfather, isn't he? Think he'll go easy on you?"

Cassie laughed. "Not likely. If anything, he'll probably be tougher on me."

Jane, finally emerging from her cocoon of blankets, yawned widely. "As long as it's not first thing in the morning, I'm sure it'll be great," she said, fumbling for her glasses on the bedside table.

By the time they made their way down to the common room, it was buzzing with activity. They joined the stream of Gryffindors heading to breakfast, navigating the moving staircases with varying degrees of success.

The Great Hall was full of voices and the clinking of cutlery when they arrived. Cassie spotted Harry, Ron, and Hermione at the Gryffindor table and made her way over, Jane and Noah in tow.

"Morning," Harry said, looking up from his toast. "Sleep alright?"

Cassie nodded as she sat down. "Yeah, though I was too excited to sleep much. You?"

Harry shrugged. "Same old."

As they ate, Professor McGonagall moved along the table, handing out class schedules. When she reached their group, she fixed them with her usual stern look.