。゚☆ TEN

Chapter Ten
"The Worst Betrayal"

Chapter Ten"The Worst Betrayal"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The Girls Dormitories ━━ Third Year 1993

THE MORNING of the Hogsmeade trip arrived with a flutter of excitement. Cassie woke to find Noah and Jane already up and rummaging through their trunks.

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty!" Noah called cheerfully. "We've got a big day ahead of us."

Cassie groaned, pulling her pillow over her head. "Is it too late to pretend I'm sick?"

Jane laughed, yanking the pillow away. "Not a chance. Come on, we need to make you look irresistible for your date with Blaise."

As Cassie reluctantly got up, the girls began the process of getting her ready. They laid out various outfits on her bed, debating the merits of each one.

"What about this sweater?" Jane held up a soft blue garment. "It brings out your eyes."

Noah shook her head. "Too casual. We want to wow him, not look like she's going to class."

"I don't want to look too dressed up either," Cassie protested. "It's just Hogsmeade, not a ball."

After much debate, they settled on a pair of fitted jeans, a cream-colored sweater, and a burgundy scarf.

As Jane helped Cassie with her hair, she asked, "So, are you excited about your date with Blaise?"

Cassie bit her lip. "I think so? I'm more nervous than anything. What if we run out of things to talk about?"

Noah rolled her eyes. "Please, you're smart and interesting. Just be yourself."

"And if all else fails," Jane added with a mischievous grin, "you can always ask him about his hair care routine. I swear, that boy's hair is shinier than a Sleekeazy's ad."

The girls burst into laughter, easing some of Cassie's tension.

As they continued to get ready, Noah's expression turned serious. "Just remember, Cassie, if he tries anything funny, you have our permission to hex him."

"Noah!" Cassie exclaimed, but she couldn't help laughing. "I'm sure it won't come to that."

"Still," Jane chimed in, "better safe than sorry. We've got your back."

Finally dressed and ready, the girls made their way down to the common room where they found Harry, Ron, and Hermione waiting.

"Wow, Cassie, you look great!" Hermione said with a smile.

Harry's expression was a mix of happiness for his cousin and disappointment at not being able to go himself. Cassie felt a pang of guilt.

"Are you sure you don't want us to stay back with you, Harry?" she asked. "We could have our own Hogsmeade party here in the common room."