meet me alone ➰️

Emra and I watched another movie, though panic and uncertainty filled the room.

Neither of us could focus, the weight of what had just happened lingering in the air.

I was absolutely not ready to face her father after what I'd done.

Imagine him holding it out to me, casually saying, "Uh, hey, you left your bra in my bag."

No. Just... no.

I'd rather disappear than have that conversation.

I replayed the scenario in my mind a thousand times, my stomach twisting with embarrassment.

The thought of his hand casually brushing over my bra or, worse, reading the title of my Wattpad story made me want to scream.

Before I knew it, exhaustion took over, and I'd fallen asleep on the couch.

The faint sounds of the TV hummed in the background as the cool October air wrapped itself around me, making me feel drowsy and heavy.

This season always did that to me-October, with its cool evenings, had always been my undoing. I'd long since given up on expecting any grand, twilight moment to sweep me off my feet.

But tonight, it felt different.

Somewhere in that light sleep, I felt a presence looming above me. Instinctively, my body tensed, and I cracked one eye open just enough to see Emra's dad standing over me.

His broad figure cast a shadow in the dim light, and for a second, I thought I was dreaming.

His scent, something deep and intoxicating, filled the space around me as he gently draped a blanket over my shoulders

.I tried not to make a sound, my heart pounding, and pretended to stay asleep.

The warmth of the blanket, combined with the rush of his proximity, made my skin tingle.

He's back, I thought, my breath catching in my throat. Please, please, let him have seen nothing.

__________________________________

"Hey, Tam!" Emra shook my entire body vigorously, jolting me out of my sleep.

"WHAT!" I groaned, pushing the blanket aside and trying to steady myself.

I blinked at her, groggy and disoriented.

"Oh god, is it 4 p.m. already?"

"Dad wants to meet you... he said, 'tell her to come to my room,'" Emra said, her voice soft but insistent.

"What the... oh no, no, no, I can't!" I gasped, clutching the sides of my frock and shaking my head.

The thought of facing him, after everything, sent a fresh wave of panic coursing through me.

"You have to," Emra said, placing her hand gently on my shoulder.

"Look, as long as I've known him, he's never yelled at me or anyone. He's not like that."

I swallowed hard, my heart thudding in my chest. "

"Trust me, just go and see. It's better than freaking out about it."

"Okay," I exhaled deeply, trying to gather whatever courage I had left.

My stomach was a tight knot as I walked toward his room, my steps slow and hesitant.

The long hallway seemed to stretch forever, shadows flickering across the walls in the dim light.

When I reached the door, my hand trembled as I knocked.