Chapter Fifty

"Ty." Taylor said with the biggest smile on her face when she opened her front door. Ty had made a habit the last two weeks of stopping by Taylor every other day. That day was no exception. "You must be getting sick of coming over here." Ty pulled her into a hug.
"Never." Taylor looked down at his hand. "Figured we'd sit on the couch all day, watching movies, and just veg out."
"Now you're speaking my language." Ty laughed.
"This new you is certainly interesting."
"Right? It's still weird not being able to do anything." Taylor said, leading Ty to the couch. "I can barely switch over laundry or load the dish washer without Ross up my butt.  I'm surprised he let me decorate the Christmas tree."
"He's just worried. I know the rest of us are, too."
"I still have two months to go. I'll be fine." Taylor said, plopping down. "I hate having to rely on other people to do things for me. That's not how I grew up."
"I know, but you should just take the help." Ty set down the large bag that he was holding on the coffee table. He reached in and pulled out a brand new fuzzy blanket.
"Is that for me?"
"Who else do I know that's obsessed with throw blankets." Taylor crossed her arms across her chest.
"I am not." Ty just pointed to the decorative ladder leaning against the wall. There were at least a dozen blankets draped on the rungs. "Fine. I have a slight obsession. Gimme." Taylor held out her hands. Ty just smiled as he handed the blanket over. "This thing is so soft." Taylor said as she snuggled into it. "What else do you got?" Ty pulled out some snacks and a few of Taylor's favorite Christmas movies. Ty put one of the movies in before joining her on the couch. "Do you know how the search is going for the in-house therapist is going?" Taylor asked, reaching for the bag of popcorn Ty brought.
"Not really, only because I don't ask grandpa about it. What do you know about it?"
"Enough. Dave has been keeping me in the loop since it was my idea."
"Are they going to let you pick who gets it?" Ty asked, reaching into the popcorn bag.
"He does want to consult with me. See which applications are the best and who deserves an interview."
"Knowing you, you already have a favorite."
"I've had some time on my hands." Tay replied. "I've gone through all of the applicants. And there were a lot."
"And?"
"I'm still leaning towards the therapist from Denver. Do you want..."
"Can we not talk about this anymore? I'm here you keep you company." Taylor held her hands up for a moment before resting them in her lap. They sat there for a long few moments before Ty spoke again. "I'm sure if you think they're the most qualified for the job, Dave will listen to you." Taylor reached over and squeezed his arm. They settled back into watching the movie Mushroom hopped up on the couch to join them. He laid his body right over Ty's lap. "Sometimes I forgot how big he is." Ty said, giving Mushroom a head scratch.
"He's trying to get as much attention and love from Ross and I before Bennett's arrival."
"Don't worry, buddy. I'll come over and give you attention." Mushroom looked up at Ty. "You and me, buddy."
***
Ross pulled the Tahoe into the driveway next to Taylor's car. Taylor had kicked him out for the day so she can spend time with Ty. They both needed each other's company. Ty's Supra was still parked in front of the house, so he knew he was still there. He walked up to the front steps, waving at Liliana standing on hers. She had been starting to work nights at the hospital now that the season was over. Ross walked into the house, hearing the sound of Taylor's favorite Christmas movie, White Christmas. She had told him about all the years she'd help her mom decorate the ranch and wrap gifts while watching this movie. And on the couch, was a sleeping Taylor and a wide awake Ty.
"How long has she been sleeping?" Ross asked, causing Ty to turn to look over at him.
"Maybe 20 minutes." Ross walked over and sat in the arm chair. "Should we..."
"Nah. She can sleep for a while longer." Ross turned his attention to the TV. They sat there in silence for a while until Taylor started to stir. She sat up, catching site of her boyfriend. "Hi."
"Hi. When did you get home?"
"Maybe 10 minutes ago."
"You should have woken me up when you got home."
"You looked comfortable. Didn't want to disturb that." Ty stood up off the couch.
"I should probably head out."
"Already?" Taylor asked.
"Yeah. I hate to be the third wheel." Taylor threw off her blanket before getting up off the couch. She pulled him into a tight hug. Well, as a tight of a hug she could give with her growing stomach.
"Thank you for coming over."
"Anytime, Tay."
"You are always welcome here. You know that." Taylor ruffled his hair.
"I appreciate it." Ty left and it was now just Taylor and Ross. Ross moved from the arm chair to the couch, pulling Taylor back down.
"New blanket?" Ross asked, covering Taylor back up with it.
"Yeah. Ty knows about my so-called blanket obsession."
"Tay, you have an obsession." Ross said with a laugh. Taylor rolled her eyes. Taylor scooted closer, leaning her head on his shoulder. "You hungry?"
"Not really. Ty and I snacked pretty much the entire time he was here." They sat there for a while in silence watching the movie. "You know by this time next year, it won't be just the two of us watching Christmas movies."
"Is that what you're thinking about?" Ross asked.
"I think about a lot of things, Ross. I am thinking about at least 10 different things at once at any given time."
"Jeez, Tay." Ross said with a laugh.
"Are you ready to be a parent?" Taylor asked, changing the subject. "I know you've been..."
"Tay..."
"You think you'll be bad at it, don't you?" She asked. Ross got up off the couch. Taylor watched as he paced the living room. "Ross..."
"Is it bad to say that I'm kind of scared shitless?"
"It's not. I'm scared too."
"Taylor, you're prepared. You have everything ready for Bennett. I'm not prepared. At all. For anything."
"That's okay, Ross." Taylor stood up. She pulled him to her. "We don't need to be prepared for everything."
"What if I'm not good at being a dad?"
"You're going to be a great dad."
"You think?"
"I know." Ross pressed his lips to the top of her head.
"We are going to be the best parents people have ever seen." Taylor laughed.
"Absolutely." They stood there for a few moments before Ross spoke.
"I'm hungry now." Taylor laughed.
"I can make you something."
"Nope. You sit back down and I'll feed myself."
"You sure?"
"Absolutely." Ross gave her a kiss before heading into the kitchen. Taylor sat back down on the couch just as Bing Crosby started to sing White Christmas and the snow began to fall. Taylor rubbed her stomach, feeling Bennett kick under her hand.
"I can't wait to meet you. Your dad's nervous, but I know he'll be fine. He's so good at taking care of me. He'll take good care of both of us."