Chapter 1: The Awakening

In the early 21st century the world we live in seems to be in extreme turmoil. There have been wars, wars, and rumors of wars. Murder and rape seemed to be the common news report every night. The reports of good deeds and heroism were a thing of the past. This world didn't seem to know that there was still good out there trying to bring the world closer to the light.

What the normal population doesn't know is that they were living in the after effects of a war. A war between the Heavens' light and Hell's dark. In the mists of the war there was a sliver of hope, a hope that would in the end shape the world.

In the small town of Hope's End, there seemed to be nothing going on. The town is small and quiet. If you blinked while driving through, you would miss it. It was a place to raise your family. Most residents of Hope's End were raised here, a few of them were the lucky ones that didn't blink while driving through on their way up the coast. Unknown to the normal person, the war between light and dark is taking place right here among the townsfolk.

In a dark cave deep under the city there stands a man with short black hair. He stands about 6'3". His blood red eyes and snow whtie hear, one black wing and one white wing unfurl behind him as an evil smile plays across his face revealing his fangs. In his left hand he holds a katana, with a golden dragon hilt. On the ground at his feet there lays three other people, two young ladies and one man. Hold on. Maybe we need to go back. There's a whole lot that's being left out here. We need to go back to when this man was thought to be only human.

Eric VonConners is a tall guy at 6'3". Even though he works out with his dad he seems to stay on the average side. There is no missing Eric in a crowd with the striking contrast of his green eye and black hair. Eric is your typical country boy, helping everyone that needs his help, but he is also the biggest geek in town. What you would not see is that he is no normal human. This is the tale of how he learned that he was born to be, The Chosen One.

Eric had known that Sara and Larry VonConners were not his birth parents since he was young. Never try to say that Eric doesn't love his parents, because he really and truly dose. Eric had never had the need nor urge to seek out his birth parents. Eric was your normal easy go lucky man; he worked for a nursing home as a CMA while putting himself through school to become a registered nurse. He spends most of his time with Van Helsing, his best friend and twin brother to Belladonna. He stands at 6'2 with an average build, hazel eyes and red hair. Van is a true hunter. If you put a gun and his hand he will hit any target put in front of him. Van's twin sister Belladonna Helsing goes by Bella, but Eric likes to call her Bells. She stands at 5'5". She has long red hair and deep blue eyes. Bella is a skilled fighter and has a very sweet heart. From time to time Tosha Wolfsbane hangs out with them. She is of average height of 5'5" and slightly on the skinny side even though she works out every day and is extremely strong. Tosha and Van have been dating for the last 3 years, Eric doesn't really care for her. He never knew why, it was just a feeling he had, and he doesn't think she cared too much for him either.

.

Van and Tosha were going to the club tonight and Bella was trying to talk Eric out of going with them. Eric was not a club guy. However for some reason this one time Eric decided to go along. For some reason Van, Bells and Tosha were not too happy about this but when Eric gets an idea in his head there is no changing his mind.

The Club was called "The Beat". The place was hopping. Eric didn't care for the music, it was just a little too punk for his tastes. He made himself have a good time though. He liked watching Bella dance. She had moved like a goddess.

"Man your sister is looking good tonight." Eric says with a wink. Van shoots Eric a disgusted look.

"Dude that's my sister you're talking about, and besides she has been chasing after you for years! You have shot her down every time. Now you're interested?" Van throws his hands in the air with a sigh. "I give up!"