Chapter-7 The Unexpected Turn of Events

Do leave votes and comments below 👇🏻 😊

****************************************************************************

Vaidehi had been on edge ever since she arrived at the Singhania household. It wasn’t just the grandeur of the house or Sejal Singhania’s warmth that threw her off—it was the fact that Rudraksh, the very person who had been on her mind all week, lived here. Every corner she turned, she expected to see him, and the thought made her heart race.

"Vaidehi, make yourself at home," Sejal said with a smile, pouring tea for everyone. "Isha tells me you’re an amazing cook. I would love to taste something you’ve made someday."

Vaidehi blushed at the compliment. "Oh, I’d be happy to, aunty. I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen."

Isha jumped in, "Oh, mom, you should taste her pasta! It’s to die for!"

Rudraksh, who had been sitting quietly, seemed to perk up at the mention of food. "Pasta? That’s an interesting choice."

Vaidehi glanced at him, her cheeks still flushed. "Yes, I like to try Italian dishes... though I’m still learning."

Rudraksh’s gaze softened as he watched her talk, and he couldn’t help but be drawn in by her shy yet genuine demeanor. There was something refreshing about her—no pretension, just authenticity. His mother, ever observant, noticed the way Rudraksh looked at Vaidehi. A knowing smile tugged at the corners of her lips.

Lunch was served, and the conversation flowed easily. Vaidehi was slowly getting more comfortable, especially with Sejal’s warmth and Isha’s teasing remarks. But every now and then, her gaze would meet Rudraksh’s, and the air between them would grow thick with unspoken tension. He would smile subtly, almost as if he knew exactly what she was thinking, and it made her heart skip a beat each time.

After lunch, Sejal offered to show Vaidehi around the house. "Isha and Rudraksh can be lazy when it comes to giving tours," she joked. "Come with me, beta. You must see the whole place."

Vaidehi followed Sejal eagerly, taking in the beautiful decor and elegant furniture. Every room was a reflection of the Singhania's wealth, but it was done tastefully, with a warmth that felt welcoming rather than overwhelming. Sejal’s pride in her home was evident, and Vaidehi admired how gracious she was, despite her family’s high status.

As they neared the end of the tour, Sejal got a call and excused herself. "You can have a look at the last few rooms down the hall. I’ll be back in a moment," she said, leaving Vaidehi to explore on her own.

Curiosity piqued, Vaidehi wandered down the hall and opened the door to one of the rooms. She didn’t realize it at the time, but she had walked straight into Rudraksh’s room. It was minimalistic, clean, and organized—just like the man himself. She was admiring a photograph on his desk when she heard the bathroom door open behind her.

Her heart practically leapt out of her chest.

Rudraksh stepped out of the bathroom, his hair damp from a shower, and his shirt only half-buttoned. He froze when he saw her standing there, clearly not expecting anyone in his room, let alone Vaidehi.

"Vaidehi?" he said, surprise evident in his voice.

Vaidehi gasped, immediately feeling embarrassed.
"I-I’m so sorry! I didn’t know this was your room... I didn’t mean to intrude!"

She took a step back, but in her panic, she tripped over a stray pair of his shoes and almost fell. Almost. Rudraksh’s reflexes were quick, and he caught her by the arm just before she hit the floor. For a brief moment, they were close—closer than either of them had anticipated. Vaidehi could feel the warmth of his hand on her arm, and her heart pounded in her chest.