Chapter Four: The Police.

Run. Don't stop running. "COME BACK HERE!" My father screamed after me. No. I wasn't going to turn back, not ever again. I didn't know where I was going, as long as it was far away from that insane man. I had left my shoes there since they had a tracker in them. I really wanted to have them with me, but I couldn't afford to be tracked down by a mad man. So I kept running. Into the road, through small streams, past very confused people. Some of them tried to stop me and ask what's wrong, but I just ignored them. One of the lessons I had learned in life was to never trust again. So many people had such good lives, it just wasn't fair. Tears rolled down my cheek. I was so done with everything. If I had a chance to leave this world, I was going to take it. "Miss?" I stopped and stared at the man in front of me. He bad black hair and blue eyes. He was from my dream... or at least that's what it seemed like. "Yes...?" I stared at him. "Are you alright?" He glanced at my bloody and bruised self. Crap. "No.." It felt wrong to lie to him. Even if I didn't even know his name. "RILLIE KENYAN GROVE!" I spun around and saw a crazy amount of policeman running towards me. Did he seriously call the police? Damn, he was lazy. "I have to go." I raced past the black-haired man. The police were shouting at me to stop, but come on, no one ever listens to the police. I stopped dead in a alleyway. DEAD END?! ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME?! Luckily there was an incredible amount of hiding places, but most of them were too obvious. So I jumped behind a trash bin. Thank the lord for my tiny body. I heard the police shuffling around the place and calling my name. "Rillie, honey, please come out. We don't want to hurt you." Hahaha. You guys suck at lying. 

After about an hour of searching, they left. Carefully I crept out of my hiding place and stood up. I was crying again, but this time I didn't know why. All I wanted to do was to find another path to run on.

God, why couldn't I just be a normal person with a normal life? I sat there in the alleyway for the rest of the day, ignoring the pain in my body. My mind was filled was bad memories. "May I join you?" I looked up and faced the blue-eyed man again. I just stared at him. He was the man from my dream, I'm sure of it! He sat by me anyways. "Why were you running?" He asked. I didn't reply for a long time. Until finally, I sighed and got into a more comfortable position. "My father is extremely abusive and... insane... I think it's because my mother died when I was two months old. Everyday he does this too me." I realized that I was crying. 

The man was silent for a bit then spoke up, "You know, I had a dream about you."