The Mystery Man

Hai guys! Here lies my second chapter of Alone in the Dark... Unfortunately, I won't be able to write this often as the story progresses, purely because I only have so much premade ;-;. However, I hope you bear with me and enjoy the read!

So without further ado, the next chapter...

----------

Chris began to tread slowly into the large office room ahead. Surveying the now quiet area, she scanned the room in a sweeping motion. No one was in the room. It was no surprise to Chris, however: many of the floors were unused, due to the unsuitable conditions they had been previously left in. This room was a perfect example of that fact.

Wallpaper peeled off the moulded walls, and the lights buzzed as they radiated a dim source of light. Walking further into the room, floorboards sprinkled with glass creaked under the weight of black soles on wood. A breeze had formed from a hole in a broken window overseeing the humid carpark below, causing long, black hair to sway gently.

Lost in thought of disapproval for the taste in decor, the woman was unable to hear a muffled shuffles behind her-and was barely able to keep upright- when someone tackled her.

"You idiot!" She heaved herself away from the figure and pulled out one of her pistols. Smiling, Chris lifted the weapon at the newly found enemy.

"Well... Looks like we have ourselves a liability, Dean. Can I shoot this one? Please?" she asked, looking more like a child eager to open a gift from Santa rather than a hired mercenary.

Dean hummed for a moment:"Find out why he tackled you first." Giggling, she aimed higher at the man in front of her and looked him over. Quite old and wearing a suit, Chris would have mistook him for a worker. She knew they wouldn't be that foolish to tackle a woman with a gun.

'nor are they rich enough' she concluded to herself.

"What is your name?" she questioned, a childish smile still on her face. The man's lips turned upwards in a smirk to retort, sending shivers up Chris's spine. She quickly composed herself, however, as he began to reply:

"You're not Gabriel Young are you?"

Silent shock filled the air and Chris stared at him, wide eyed.

"Aaaw, don't look so surprised. I know alot more about you Gabe...You know you shouldn't be out doing this sort of work, especially at 17. I doubt your parents would be ple- oh wait. My bad I forgot that they died." He smiled, content with the response Chris was giving him. She looked to the floor, shaking as she spat back at him.

"That's not my name." She hissed and, to her relief, Dean began to speak to her.

"Chris just shoot him before you blow your cover!" he yelled, accidently causing his voice to be audible over the headset.

"Oh... Christopher now is it? I guess the name given to you by your mother wasn't to your taste then?" The man stated in a matter-of-factly way. "I guess it doesn't matter though; after all, a dead person can't complain."

Chris' eyes now glared with anger, the grey in them darkening as she emphasised her gun by walking closer to the man and pressing the barrel roughly against his head.

"Who.Are.You?" She demanded, "And how do you know about me?"

"You really want to know?" He asked tauntingly, his brown eyes staring into hers. Chris nodded:

"I'd like to know the name of the man who dared to stalk me, so that I may spread word that you're here bleeding once I've shot you!" She shouted at him, her voice cold and angry. The man shrugged, feigning defeat.

"I guess I should tell you then... But where's the fun in that?" Christopher growled at the man and began to pull her guns trigger, only to be interrupted by the man pulling up a knee and landing a swift kick to her stomach. The bullet flew off course into a wall, missing his head by mere centimetres.

The man's head pulled back as he laughed. "You didn't really think I'd come here and let you kill me, did you?" He put both hands underneath his jacket and revealed a pair of small revolvers. Making his way to the shocked mercenary on the floor, the man had a smile plastered on his face as she attempted to stand back up.

"I guess I'll let you try and kill me. Come on, get up little Chris."

----------

Sorry for ending it on cliff hangers guys! I've now reached the end on my already written work, and I came down with a case of writers block ;-;

I hope to post again within a few days, but I guess we'll see ;)

Don't forget to follow my story and comment, your feedback will make a great impact on my writing, along with the plot to come!

Bye for now X3