Chapter 65: Decipher The Issue

"This is nonsense." Bryson said throwing some papers onto his coffee table. They were the markings that he copied from the message from the curse. He stared at it for well over an hour now and nothing to gain from it.

"Still no luck?" Lila said entering the room holding a tray with a glass of lemon iced tea and a fried chicken sandwich.

"No, nothing useful." Bryson grumbled.

"If that's the case take a few minutes to eat something. You need your energy." Lila said as she placed the tray down.

"In a moment." Bryson said as he stared a hole through the papers.

"Primrose and the pixie have any luck?"

"No and if they don't have any idea then who in the world will? This is their realm of magic!" Bryson complained as he grabbed the sandwich in frustration. His sense of hopelessness only increased when he was informed that Sable's curse was only going to get worse in a day. Yet no one was able to figure anything out.

"You couldn't have gotten nothing from this?"

"Just gibberish. Pictures and dumb sayings. It's dumb." Bryson said taking an angry mouthful.

A knock on the door grabbed their attention looking over they saw Florence enter, "Lord Bryson, can I have a word."

"Go ahead." Bryson said swallowing.

"I would like for it to be more private." Florence said.

Bryson frowned, "Why is that?"

"It's about when the pixie found the message."

"Yes? What about it."

Florence simply glared at Bryson accusingly. Bryson gave a hard swallow. Does she know? Impossible she can't have known. Can she?

As Bryson was immersed with his own thoughts, Lila cleared her throat.

"I'll see myself out." She said as she moved past Florence and shut the door behind her. Bryson scowled at Lila as she did so.

"What happened?" Florence said moving towards him.

"Don't know what you're talking about." Bryson played coy as he placed his sandwich down and looked away.

"Your eyes glazed over for a brief moment. It was quick but they did, then you acted surprised and then as if nothing happened. What happened?" Florence accused.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes, you do. Bryson, please. You can't say nothing forever." She said staring at Bryson with eyes that were a desperate plea, "Tell me the truth."

Bryson looked at Florence and rubbed his hands on his thighs uncomfortably, "Something happened." He said.

Florence simply stared at him and waited. Bryson gave a sigh and rolled his eyes.

"Maybe." He added.

"Tell me, please trust me." Florence said sitting next to him.

"When the pixie activated the message, I received my own message."

"Details?"

"Just reinforcing the fact that I'm not from this world. I was meant to go somewhere else when I was kidnapped." Bryson said crossing his arms and leaning backwards.

"Why would Hallow tell you this?"

"It wasn't Hallow... it was I guess a weird recording left for me to discover when something like this happened."