welcome neighbor⋆

Louis couldn't believe what he was seeing, he felt like he was dreaming. There were fresh unique feelings he was experiencing at the moment that he didn't know what to do with. He was sitting on the front porch of his house watching intently as his new neighbor across the street moved boxes from the backseat of his bright red car to his front porch. Louis scanned over his body and was in absolute awe, he was standing tall with little black shorts on and a tiny white cherry adorned tee. He was buff, tan and thick in every place Louis had no clue he even knew he liked on men. He could see dark ink littering his neighbor's skin and poking from underneath his shirt, and thought about how bad he wanted to see the ones that his tiny tee and shorts were covering.

"Who's that?" Louis' girlfriend Dani's voice rang through Louis' ears and startled him out of his sinful thoughts.

"Uh- Um Who? Him? I think- I mean obviously he's the new neighbor." Louis stumbled over his words as his brain tried to return back to normal.

"Aww we have a new neighbor we should introduce ourselves later. He seems like one of those slutty gays that need a nice, classy girlfriend or a couple that can set them up with a nice girl. " Dani said it with so much enthusiasm that you would have thought she really said sweet words.

"Why would you say that?" Louis said genuine confusion crossing his face as he took in the nonsense that his girlfriend was spewing.

"I never told you this, but I had a gay uncle who turned himself around and was normal again. You know they just haven't found the right person, like us." Once again, she said it so joyfully and clueless. Louis had no one to blame but himself for his newly revealed homophobic girlfriend. He chose to shack up with the first woman who wowed his mates and won over his mother and sisters on holiday. She was absolutely gorgeous Louis could never deny her beauty, she had a thin toned framed with a stunning face and luxurious long dark chocolate locks. Dani was a model girlfriend, checking every box a mom would want in a daughter in law: beauty, brains and aesthetic. Choosing the approval of his parents and guy friends over his own comfortability and love was what led him to being in his long-term relationship, it wasn't something that bothered Louis until now with her conversion therapy ramblings. He now spent his days fake posing for doctored Instagram photos and helping pick out matching decor that he didn't even like. He never questioned his sexuality since he had never experienced a physical reaction to men and never lacked one with women. But between the sight of his new neighbor and Dani's insensitive words, it was all starting to allow his mind to wonder about the possibility of his homosexuality.

"We should..." Louis said it and immediately rolled his eyes at her further inauthentic enthusiasm.

"I'm going to go to Erewhon and grab some food and wine, maybe even a little welcome to the neighborhood gift. He doesn't seem like a tasteful gay man, and I want him to see that we're a classy couple, you know?" she squealed and began telling him what she was going to pick up from the store for their first impression. Dani walked back into their home still listing off things she was going to grab and the errands she needed to run. Louis paused and decided to grab one more look at his sexuality bending neighbor before he disappeared back into his new home. But when Louis turned to look at the tall man, he was already smiling and looking at him with a beautiful smile. Louis gave an awkward nod and wave that was acknowledged with a wave in return from the neighbor who then retreated back to his home. Louis made sure to catch a glimpse of the perky cheeks squeezed into the tight fabric of the black shorts. Only snapping out of his thoughts when he heard the sound of his girlfriend's voice again. He made his way back inside and decided a tall glass of water would stop the rushing thoughts.

Louis wasn't gay and he knew that I mean as far as he knew he wasn't gay but before 5 minutes ago he had never so obviously ogled at a man. So he wasn't sure what he was, but he did know that the cold water going down his throat was beginning to soften a semi he didn't even know he was developing, no doubt from the sight of those little black shorts.