Thirteen ~ The Voicemail

Ayla's POV

It's been an hour since we first heard Alice's voicemail. We have yet to figure out what she said in the static.

Since then, we've repeatedly called, but her phone went right to voicemail.

I asked Stella if I could listen to the voice message one last time. She nods and hands me her phone.

I play the message, "Fuck! You picked --static noise mixed in with background yelling-- to not answer! I need --static-- a new control--"

I thought briefly, and then it hit me, "Control!"

Stella looks up at me, confused.

I say, "Come on, we need to find Benjamin. He told me there's a control spell over the dark Fae. He must know more!"

Stella's eyes widened, and she nodded before we left the room.

As we head to exit the building, we run into Sebastian. He calls out, "Hey, Stella, I've been looking for you!"

We walk over to him, and Stella says, "I'm sorry, Seb. Now isn't a good time; we are in the middle of something."

Stella walks past him and out of the building. Sebastian has an upset look on his face.

I walk over to him, "Stella's sister might be in trouble. We are on the way to find out more. You should come; Stella will need your support."

Sebastian nods, and we both head out to Stella's car, where Stella sits in the driver's seat.

I walk to the driver's window, "Stella, let me drive."

Stella nods and sits in the back with Sebastian, laying her head on his shoulder for comfort.

I don't know Benjamin much, so I have no idea where he is. I thought of checking his locked cabin, but I highly doubt he will be there. However, my guy was calling me to go.

15 minutes later~

We arrived next to the forest, and I parked the car. "We'll need to walk the rest of the way," I said.

Stella asks, "Where are we? Is this the forest with the cabin he was locked up in?"

I leave the car and say, "Yes, it is."

We walk to the cabin. I don't know where else to look if Benjamin isn't here. I put my hand on the doorknob and tried to slide the door open, but it was locked.

I looked back at Stella, confused. Slowly, I turned my head back to the door, which began to slide open.

With shock, I spoke, "Cyrus!?! What are you doing here?"

I looked into the house and saw Benjamin sitting on the couch. "Did you capture Benjamin again?!" I said with anger.

Cyrus laughed, "No, I didn't; Diana removed the mark that was controlling me. I don't know if it was just me or if she removed the mark from everyone."

Stella walks up. With annoyance, she says, "I'm sorry to interrupt, but can we come in?"

Cyrus steps out of the doorway, "Yeah, come in, my bad."

We all walk into the cabin; once the door shuts, Stella leaves Alice's voice mail, and Cyrus and Benjamin's ears perk up.

Once the voicemail is done playing, Cyrus says, "There is a new control spell."

I ask, "How do you know?"

Benjamin says, "Wolf hearing, I'm surprised you didn't pick up on it." He looks at Cyrus and says, "You've done a poor job with training, my mate."

My body feels a buzz throw out when I hear him call me his mate.

Benjamin walks over to me and grabs my hand. As we leave the building, he says, "I'm going to train you properly."

My heart skipped a beat; that was unexpected. I smiled as I followed.

Stella's POV

I look at Cyrus and say, "He changed from last night; Ayla told me he walked away disappointed. Did you do anything to change that?"

Cyrus hmms before speaking, "Last night, he returned to the cabin looking for me." Cyrus chuckles, "He got the jump on me, and we fought for a bit before he yelled at me for getting her to fall in love with me."

"I then said to him -- 'She doesn't know you. Are you going to give up the chance of being with your mate for her looking at another when she knew nothing of you?' -- That got him thinking, and he's now taking the chance to win her love."

I think momentarily before saying, "I've seen how you looked at her, so why would you hand her over so easily?

Cyrus smiles, "I'm handing her over; she still has a choice. Besides, I know what a mate bond feels like; anyone who would take that from another doesn't truly love them."

I nod before saying, "I don't know if I could ever understand the feeling of having a mate, but I understand what you mean. If anyone took Sebastian from me, I would not feel any love for them."

Sebastian looks at me with a blushing smile.

I place my hands on my hips and say, "Let's get back on to the topic of the control spell; we need to find a way to break it."

Cyrus says, "I was under a control spell for centers, and there was no way to break it, so it's possible that there isn't a way to break this one as well."

Cyrus thinks for a moment, then laughs, "Diana did remove everyone from the control spell last night, or someone wouldn't be putting dark Fae under a new control spell."

I walk closer to Cyrus, "You've done research on control spells, right!?" Cyrus nods, and I step back, "Alright, let's capture Alice and take the spell off her!"

To be continued...