Eleven ~ We meet too late.

Ayla's POV

I walk into the cabin and look around. I'm in a small living room that feels like I've traveled back a few decades. The place is spotless, with not a single dust particle in sight.

Walking past the room into a hallway, to my right, there is a gorgeous stove with fire logs underneath. I turn my head to look down the hallway, and there is an open door with stars.

I walk closer to the stairs and peek down; candles hang along the wall, and I jump at the sound of someone calling my name, "Ayla?"

I walk down the stairs. They must be my mate; that sounds weird to say I don't know anything about them.

Cyrus's POV

There is no sign of Diana anywhere, and the mark on my chest begins to sting with pain. A red trail appears in front of me. I follow the red trail, running as fast as my four legs will take me.

The pain began to fade the closer I got to Diana; I barged into a cabin.

The Dark Queen Diana's POV

It's been 24 hours since I arrived at Faye's place. We've spent most of the time meditating, and I've enjoyed every second of it! I completely forgot about everything but the present moment.

That was until Cyrus came barging in, reminding me of everything I had been working towards.

Cyrus turns into his human form and frantically begins to say, "Ayla has foun-" Cyrus starts to panic, unable to say another word.

I looked to my left and saw Faye silencing his words. I began to yell, "Faye, stop it! You're hurting him. Let him say what he came here to say!"

Faye raises her voice for the first time: "No, I'm not; you are! Look what the mark that you put on him is doing! Don't you see all the pain you are causing to the ones around you!?"

I turned to my right to look over at Cyrus; he was now lying on the floor in pain, silent, with tears falling down. She's right. I did cause all of this pain. Every time anyone wants to do something different from my wants, I cause them pain until they follow my order.

I release my marks on every fae following me, and Faye releases the hold on Cyrus's voice.

Cyrus leaves, and my sister Faye begins to guide me in another meditation.

Cyrus's POV

I lay on the floor in pain; all of a sudden, the pain faded. I look down at my chest, and the mark is gone.

I run outside and transform into my wolf, excited that I no longer have another will forest appoint me.

Ayla's POV

I reach the bottom step, looking into the room. There is a guy behind bars in a fancy-looking room.

The room has a nice bed with a few books and a bathroom attached.

I walk close to the bars but not close enough to touch; the guy in front of me stares at me with awe.

I say, "Hello, are you the guy Cyrus told me about, the one who will give me information?"