Chapter 5

I call a taxi immediately after hanging up the call. It sucks not having my car around. I hope it will be fixed soon.

When taxi stops after a longer than I expected drive, I look around and see a modern, calm block with flats. I walk over to a building with number 7, which looks exactly the same as Layla described when we were on the phone.

It's easy to get in because of the unlocked front door. I walk over to the elevator and press button with number five. After the elevator door open, an apartment with number 505 appears in front of me. The same number Layla mentioned.

I knock on the dark wooden door. I wait for a while, and when nothing happens I reach for the bell. Before I get the chance to ring it the door flies open and I see the prettiest girl I have ever laid my eyes on. How come I am this lucky to have her in my life.

She looks exactly the same as she looked at the cafe earlier, only now she has her pajamas on and her hair is tied up in a messy bun on the top of her head. She was getting ready for bed right before she got that unexpected visit from Chase.

,,Hey, you're finally here," she says with a tired expression. She steps aside, making space for me so I can come in. ,,Chase has passed out on the couch in my living room. He was out as soon as he sat down," she continues when she walks through a narrow hallway into the apartment.

Soon we arrive in her living room connected to the kitchen. She has it really nicely decorated. Plants and flowers are on the windowsill and beige couch is in front of a big TV screen  hanging on the wall.

The kitchen is kinda small, there is just enough space for essential kitchen appliances and some cupboards. Her whole apartment is decorated in simple colors. Further in the room I see two other doors, which probably lead to the bedroom and the bathroom.

I take a look at the passed out Chase, who's in a deep sleep. I turn to Layla and see her standing next to me. ,,I apologize for him. I have no idea how he got here," I rub my eyes. ,,I'll just call a taxi for us, so I can get him out of here as fast as possible," I say as I take my phone out from my pocket.

,,Alright. In the meantime, do you want something to drink?" She ask me as she heads to the kitchen counter. ,,No need, but I appreciate it."

After finishing talking to the taxi driver over the phone, I  see her sitting on a bar stool with a glass of milk in her hands. ,,The driver said he will be here in ten minutes. The traffic is bad or something."

I take a closer look at her. She looks like she's awake for a really long time and now just wants to rest.

,,You can go to sleep if you want to. I'll take him downstairs and wait there for the car, so we're not bothering you." I give her a concerned look.

,,There is no need to do that. You're not bothering me," she says with a convincing voice, so I just leave it at that.

,,Okay, thanks. Uhm. Do you have any idea why he went to you?" I ask her, curious. Like how did he know where she lives, it doesn't make any sense.

She straightens her back when she hears that, and her eyes begin to spark with curiosity and confusion. ,,He just mentioned that Andrea was talking about me and my job and then he passed out. I didn't get any useful information out of him," she says with a disappointment in her voice.

She moves her gaze to Chase who is still out from the alcohol. ,,I feel so stupid and I'm so, so sorry but who is Andrea?" I ask her.

She looks back at me. ,,My best frie-" She doesn't get to finish the sentence before getting interrupted by Chase. ,,MY GIRLFRIEND! THE BEST GIRLFRIEND IN THE WORLD!" He shouts as he gets up into sitting position.

Me and Layla look at each other, both surprised and confused from what just happened. ,,You good Chase?" I ask him because he looks like he isn't in the best shape. ,,Never felt better," he answers. I doubt that. He tries to get up, failing terribly, so he just collapses back on the couch again.

At the same time my phones beeps with a message, saying the taxi is ready and is waiting in front of the building. ,,The taxi is here. We should get going," I say to them.

Layla recovers first. ,,Do you need some help with him?" She asks me while still looking at Chase who is now barely standing. ,,I think I can handle it."

I throw Chase's arm around my shoulders and lead him to the front door. I take another look at Layla, who is now holding her door for us.

,,Thank you so much for letting him in," I tell her gratefully. She gives me a small smile and nods. ,,Yeah, no problem. He looked like he needed it anyways."

,,Good night Lay." I say as she closes the door behind us. The last thing I hear from her is a gentle Good night Ethan.

As we get into the elevator I press the button for the ground floor, I can't stop thinking about this girl. She feels so familiar. The way she acts, talks. It feels as if I have known her for a long, long time.

We walk out and get into the yellow taxi. I look up and see her looking out of the window, then closing the blinds and turning the lights off. Good night love.

___________________________________________________

Athor's note: What do you think of Chase so far??

How Chase felt when he woke up:

Should I add memes more often?