2. Aadrika Choudhary

Aadrika

"Wash these clothes also" 

My aunt said while keeping a pile of clothes infront of me, I didn't said anything and took the clothes as I was already doing the laundry.

She moved forward after ordering me but came back soon 

"Have you prepared the rice?" 

I nodded my head and she again went back.

I live with my aunt since I was 8 years old because of my parents tragic death with gun shots. I don't know who did it, I don't even have any clear perception of that particular day but after that my paternal uncle adopted me. Though his family loved me a lot at start but all of it changed in a span of single night. They behaved like I was not a human and started to humiliate me and even abuse me physically. 

They have a elder son, he seems to be nice at first as he never ever raised his hands on me nor behaved badly with me but he also started to act strange, hit me whenever he gets back to the home and what not, Aarambh, his name is Aarambh Choudhary.

"Aadrika, go and give Aarambh a glass of water, he's back." I got up as soon as my aunt took his name and filled the glass of steel with water and went to him.

I'm scared of him then the rest of the family members. He always have agression on his face and if not then lust.

"H-Here" I said and forwarded my my left hand which was holding the glass of water for him.

He took the glass and looked at me -

"Why aren't you covering your head with scarf??" He said standing up and keeping the water on the khaat.

(A bed made up of woods and jute rope, mostly used in rural areas.)

"I'm sorry, I f-forgot"

I'm wearing a saree (traditional Indian cloth) of my mother, it is quite old and is short in length so it's not possible for me to take pallu (a piece of saree) on my head.

"Go inside and cover your head NOW!!" He screamed at me and I quickly ran inside the house to do what he says. I didn't wanted to cover my head though, the weather is so pleasant right now and if I'll cover my head then I'll definitely not be able to get some air or keep my head a bit cool.

After covering my head, I went in the kitchen to prepare food. 

"what are you making?" Aarambh's voice reached my ear, he was just behind me actually so close to me, I flinched badly because of the closeness. It's very uncomfortable. I moved away from there and said "chapati and okra" 

he made a very weird face, like he despise it and would kill me right now but without saying anything he went outside the kitchen and I also resumed my work. 

Soon my aunt also came and said in an angry tone, 

"Who asked you to make okra, huh?" 

"This was the only vegetable present at home so I-

"So you decided to make it without even asking anyone and that too knowing very clearly, aarambh hates okra" she said and came near me