3. Her Picture

Prataap

"Why don't you get married?"

As soon as my mother said this I stopped in the midway when I was about to put the morsel in my mouth. 

"Can we change the topic?"  I said while looking at the food kept in the plate and ate the morsel.

"No, Prataap your mother is right. When will you get married?" This time my father asked with a hint of seriousness in his voice. I couldn't postponed this topic anymore, I think. 

"I don't want to get married now, it'll effect my work" I said trying to explain them my compulsion.

"It'll not if you see it in a good perspective" My father said.

"I don't have any interest in seeing it as something good"

"Maybe he has already seen a girl for himself, we'll not deny Prataap, atleast tell us who's she?" My mother said with a smile on her face.

"I have not,"

"Then we've already did that" My father said and got up from the ground.

"I'll not get married now" I said and also got up to keep the plate in the kitchen.

"She's beautiful and young" My mother said while being in her imagination world.

"I said I'll not marry anyone even if you guys have choosen her for me"

"Prataap, atleast think about us, we're getting old" My father blackmailed me and this time I couldn't think of a comeback.

They want to see me happy, they want me to be with a life partner, they don't want me to suffer alone, they want me to rely on someone when I'm tired, they want me to get married but how do I explain that I have my own duties, I'll rather get tensed then happy, I'll not be able to live with a life partner who'll not support me in my war for India, I don't want anyone to suffer my pain because I don't have any, this fight for freedom is not pain it's proud for me and I'm already relying on my country for the calmness of my mind. 

Her life will be destroyed if she will marry me. 

Whoever she is, wherever she is. 

"I'll think about it" I said giving them some hope. 

As soon as I said this my mother and father both had this big grin on their face.

Did I just give them a false hope? but after seeing their smile now, I don't want them to lose this. 

Myy parents sat me down and said with the same smile,

"We have chosen a beautiful bride for you" My mother said and my reaction was the same as before, uninterested.

"Who is it?" I asked while hiding my emotions.

My mother got up and went into her and my father room, coming out of the room with a envelope which maybe have the photo of the girl.

"Here" My mother handed me the envelope and sat down.

"Her name is Aadrika Choudhary"

Aadrika, hmm. 

"She is my friend's daughter" My father said

Hm.

"Who are her parents?"

"Her father was actually my best friend, I had promised him that his daughter will get married to you only" He chuckled after completing his sentence.

"Okay but atleast tell me something about her"