3 - Coraline

Content warning:mention of eating disorder, abandonment, abuse, anxiety

Kanao went up to her room and locked herself inside, why did she had to live with her bio parents? The same parents that abandoned her, couldn't she just live with her adoptive parents? Seems like no. She pulled out her phone and texted her adoptive sister.

Kanao: Shinobu
Kanao: can we call?
Kanao: please?

Shinobu: your bio father acting like a dick again?

Kanao: yes

Shinobu: why you have to live with them?
Shinobu: they abandoned you, they're not great for you

Kanao:say that to the judge

Shinobu called Kanao, and she immediately answered "Kanao? How bad was this one?" Shinobu asked, Kanao's bio parents weren't good people, at all "I skipped dinner..." Kanao said, trying not to burst out crying in call, and also because she didn't wanna risk her bio parents hearing her.

"That's really bad then, do you want me to get Kanae on the phone?" Shinobu asked, her tone gentle but also really worried, Kanao nodded, and then she let out a weak yes. "Kanao, sweetie, it's Kanae, what happened?" Kanae spoke, her words as soft as lullabies, her voice comforting and delicate, if only she was there physically.

"Argued with my father..." Kanao said with a weak voice, physically refusing to cry, she hated this, she hated all of this "again?" Kanae simply said, unsure on what to add to comfort her sister "that man shouldn't even have the right to speak at this point" "Shinobu! Not the time!" Hearing them through the phone helped Kanao calm down.

Her stomach grumbled, it was probably the fifth time in a week she skipped dinner, and it was starting to affect her only eating two meals a day "Earth to Kanao, you there sis?" Shinobu called out, they've been trying to get her attention "sorry, I spaced out" Kanao said, her voice weak "why don't you go to sleep sweetie? It's late" Kanae said.

"Yes, I better go now...night girls" Kanao said, reaching to press the end call button "bye Kanao" "bye sis, take care of yourself" the girls said from the other end of the phone. Kanao hung up, she let a few tears fall, then she eventually fell asleep.

                      ---

"Kanao, you haven't touched your food, what's going on?" Genya asked worried, today Kanao had just been acting off, and right now during lunch she didn't even touch her food "I'm fine" she simply said, but Genya didn't buy it, she looked the exact opposite of fine. "Don't lie" he said.

Kanao was caught a bit off guard, but then sighed, covering her stomach "I'm not hungry" she said, Genya still didn't buy it, he looked over at Tanjiro, they had to convince her to eat at least something, Tanjiro spoke up, also worried.

"Why don't you take just one small bite? We don't want you to completely starve yourself for the rest of the day" Kanao shaked her head, Genya was getting fed up with this, he placed a hand of her shoulder, wanting her to listen "listen, I don't know what has gotten into you today, but you need at least a bite of food" Genya said, a bit harshly.

"What Genya means is that he's worried for your health, and so am I, at least a bite, please" Tanjiro spoke in a much calmer and gentle tone, Kanao grabbed the fork and eventually ate a bite of her food, both the males were relieved that she was finally eating.

"Sup guys, what's up?" Aoi said as she sat down at the table, her and Tanjiro began to talk as usual, while Genya shot a look at Kanao, she didn't touch her food any more, he was starting to get worried for her, he put a hand on her shoudler "what's wrong?" He asked her.

"Nothing, I'm okay" Kanao said, she didn't wanna worry him further than he already was "wanna listen to some music? It usually helps you chill out" Genya suggested, usually Kanao was more relaxed after listening to some music to calm down, Kanao nodded her head and grabbed a ear phone.