Episode 9: The Legacy

The city's sun and the next morning, a pale disc peeking through the morning mist, cast long shadows across the park. Sera sat on a bench outside her house, her gaze fixed on the familiar swing set, a wave of memories washing over her. She was a child again, her laughter echoing through the park, her world a kaleidoscope of sunshine and innocence.

But there was another figure in her memory, a figure she had always dismissed as a figment of her imagination, a mysterious man who had always seemed to be watching over her. He had been there, standing in the shadows, a silent guardian, his presence a comforting constant in her childhood.

Now, the truth was dawning on her, a revelation that shook her to her core. Cassian Blackwood, the lawyer, the man who had saved her and Rowan from danger, the man who had always seemed to be a step ahead, he was the man from her childhood memories. He was the mysterious figure who had always been watching over her.

"It was you," she whispered, her voice barely audible above the city's morning hum. "All those years, it was you."

She recalled the way he had always seemed to be there, a silent observer, a protector in the shadows. He had never spoken to her, but his presence had always been a comforting constant in her life. He had been there when she fell off her bike, when she got lost in the park, when she felt scared and alone. He had always been there, watching over her, protecting her.

"Why?" she whispered, the question echoing in the empty park. "Why did you do that? Why did you care so much?"

She had always thought that her parents were the ones who had been watching over her, but now she realized that they had been protecting her from something else, something more dangerous. They had been protecting her from the shadows that lurked in the city, from the secrets that they had kept hidden for so long.

"Cassian," she whispered, her voice filled with a mixture of confusion and awe. "You were the one who was always there, weren't you? You were the one who was always watching over me."

She felt a wave of conflicting emotions wash over her. She was angry at his deception, at his audacity, at his attempt to control her world. But she was also drawn to him, to his intelligence, his charm, his intensity. She was fascinated by his world, by his power, by his ambition. But she was also afraid of him, of what he might do to her life, of what he might do to her dreams.

She knew that he was a spy, a secret agent, a ghost in the city's shadows. She had been right to be afraid of him, but she was also strangely drawn to him, to his intelligence, his charm, his intensity. He had a world she couldn't even begin to imagine, a world of danger and intrigue, a world that was both alluring and terrifying.

She stood up, her steps hesitant, her mind racing. She needed to find Cassian, to confront him, to demand answers. She had to know the truth.

She reached for her phone, her fingers trembling slightly. She texted Rowan, asking if she was okay, if she was safe. She needed to know that her best friend was alright, that she wasn't alone in this.

She then called Cassian, her voice trembling with a mixture of fear and anticipation. He answered on the first ring, his voice a low rumble that sent a shiver down her spine.

"Sera, I need to talk to you," he said, his voice filled with urgency. "I need to take you somewhere."

"Where?" Sera asked, her voice filled with apprehension. "What's going on?"

"Just trust me," Cassian said, his voice soft and reassuring. "I'll explain everything. But we need to go now."

He gave her an address, and she quickly agreed to meet him there. She hung up the phone, her mind racing with a thousand questions.

She hailed a cab, her heart pounding in her chest. She needed to know the truth. She needed to understand what was going on. She needed to know why Cassian Blackwood had been watching over her for all these years.

Cassian was waiting for her when she arrived at the address he had given her. It was a nondescript building, a gray brick structure that looked like any other building in the city. But there was something about it that made her uneasy, something that made her feel like she was walking into a trap.

He led her inside, his gaze unwavering. The building was dark and empty, the only sound the rhythmic patter of rain on the roof. He led her down a long, narrow hallway, his footsteps echoing in the silence.

They stopped at a door, and he unlocked it with a key. He pushed the door open, and she followed him inside.

The room was large and brightly lit, filled with computers, desks, and maps. There were people everywhere, men and women in suits, their faces etched with a mixture of seriousness and determination.

Sera felt a wave of conflicting emotions wash over her. She was overwhelmed, confused, and afraid. She had never seen anything like this before. She had never been in a place like this before.

"This is the agency," Cassian said, his voice soft and gentle. "This is where your parents work. This is where they've been working for decades."

He paused, as if waiting for her to react. But Sera was speechless, her mind reeling from his words.

"My parents?" she whispered, her voice barely audible. "this is cool! They've been working for the government all this time?"

"Yes," Cassian said, his voice barely a whisper. "They've been protecting this city, protecting this country, from the shadows that lurk in the darkness. And they've been doing it for a long time."and you are in the middle of danger right now Sera.

He paused again, as if considering his next words. "Your parents have been watching over you, Sera. They've been protecting you from the shadows that lurk in this city, from the secrets that they've kept hidden for so long."

He paused, as if waiting for her to react. But Sera was still speechless, her mind reeling from his words.

"Why me?" Sera asked with a behaving face...

"You're their daughter, I'm in danger too not just today but since our parents fought their enemy at OSS, you're in the middle right now because they discovered you, that's why I'm protecting you since we were childrens in the past, it's my mission and our mission to protect our agency against OSS. "Cassian coldly replied to Sera while she's in shock".