Chapter 1

Kiera's POV

We use to dream of living in the same house. But I never expected that we would actually end up living together just because she is marrying my older brother. It's a bittersweet realization that our dream is coming true in a way, I hadn't imagined.

Pain courses through my body, I don't know what to do about it except drowning myself in liquor.

It was already 1 pm and I'm still having fun at the club not caring about anything except how my father and everyone around me hurt me so much.

The woman I loved and used to have a dream of living with, is marrying my brother instead of me.  For the sake of our family's company and my mother who is in a coma, I needed to give up my love. this hurt so much I don't even know if there's any chance that I would come back from this.

Suddenly I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket and I reached down to grab it. When I looked at it I felt a drop of tear fall from my face. It was Katie the woman I love. I opened it and tried to keep the tears at bay because I don't want to cry anymore.

-
Conversation in messenger:

Katie
"Kiera anong oras ka uuwi, inaantok na kasi ako, hindi ko malock yung pinto knowing that you're still out there." Katie said.

Kiera
"Hindi ako uuwi, just lock the doors" I replied coldly.

Katie
"Sure ka? saan ka matutulog?" Katie asked.

Kiera
"It's none of your business, Katie. Just lock the doors and go to sleep."

I need to stop texting her. Now's not the time to text her especially because I had a few shots.

I turned my phone off and shoved it back into my pocket not wanting to talk to the woman anymore. It was so painful watching her with my brother and knowing that they're gonna get married soon.

After a few minutes I took my phone again and went straight to my instagram.

I selected a photo to post on my Instagram knowing that my father would see it. It was a photo of me with my friends at the club smiling widely and drunkenly raising a glass with a caption, "lost in thoughts, found in a glass." then hit the post button.

Minutes after I posted it, my phone began to erupt with notifications of comments, likes and views. I am a bit famous on instagram though, aspecially because of my family's legacy and of course becase of my own succes.

Being a model and a CEO kinda have it's perks, people know who you are and admire you, but there are also a lot of disadvantages about it like the pressure of being the daughter of a very successful business man and a 'Salvatore' the biggest business empire in the Philippines. It can be pressuring because of the people's expectations and it can be overwelming too.

A few minutes later my phone started buzzing and I saw my father's name popped up on my phones' notification for my messenger. I opened it knowing why my 'beloved' father was messaging me.

-
Conversation in messenger:

Dad
"Umuwi ka ngayon na! nag iinom ka na naman, wala ka na talagang ginawang matino sa buhay mo."

Kiera
"Shut up dad, pagod na akong sundin lahat ng gusto mo" I replied disrespectfully. I regretted it as soon as I hit the send button. Stupid alcohol.... Tho, alcohol has nothing to do with the anger I am feeling towards my dad.

Dad
"Is this still because of Katie? Kiera tangagapin mo na lang na wala ka ng ibang magagawa. You have to accept it Kiera stop being a baby!"

"I wish you knew how much I hate you for doing this to me, dad" I said to myself not loud enough for my friends to hear.

I kept drinking until the bar was finally closing I begged for the owner not to call it a night for me just yet but it was no use so I finally gave up and decided to go home.

My friends already went home a few hours ago, they insisted on taking me home but I declined, It was a long debate because apparently no one wants to leave me the hell alone especially Ella. Ella has been my friend since we were kids, her father is my dad's business partner and best friend too, so we grew closer as the time pass by.

Since I was too drunk to drive I went outside and tried to find myself a taxi. it was almost 4 in the morning so there were some taxis already roaming around.

When I saw a light moving towards me I put my hands out and waited for the taxi. When the taxi stopped in front of me I tilted my head to see the driver and ask him to take me to home. I didn't even have to tell them my address everyone knows who I am and where the Salvatore residence is. The car started moving and the song on the radio started blasting from the car speaker, I didn't mind it tho I love music.

City lights are beautiful at night, one of my favorites. I leaned my head on the car window listening to the music while taking its comfort and letting my thoughts run wild.

________________________________________________
Author's note ^^

Hey guys!
I hope you like it and please leave a comment and suggestions so that I could improve my writing skills

I'm new and you probably won't like my story but I want to try. I would update once a week and if I can't that only means I got caught up with my school works.

please forgive me for the wrong grammars and typo this is really my first time writing a story let alone publishing one. 😊