Spiderling

Three years later, nestled between two towering buildings in New York City, sits Parker's Web Café—a cozy haven exuding charm and warmth. Its scarlet red exterior with white rims catches the eye, offering a vibrant contrast against the urban backdrop. Graceful vines cascade over the balcony, bringing a touch of nature to the bustling city streets. Through the large windows, framed by potted plants, passersby catch a welcoming glimpse of the café's lively interior.

Inside Parker's Web Café, a vibrant buzz of comfort and community permeates the air. The café's clever name, a subtle nod to Peter Parker's secretive past as Spider-Man, remains a mystery to all but him.

Mounted proudly on the backroom wall are diplomas in finance and engineering, testament to Peter's academic prowess. Having effortlessly navigated through college twice, unencumbered by Spider-Man duties, Peter even earned an award for his exceptional performance.

Meanwhile, MJ and Ned, attending college themselves, lend their talents to their friend's business, balancing work with their studies. Laughter and camaraderie echo throughout the café, fostering a sense of belonging among patrons.

Customers occupy every corner of the café, from the cozy first floor to the intimate second floor and the eclectic basement below.

Downstairs, the ambiance shifts to a more laid-back vibe. A local guitarist strums a simple tune while singing softly, his music providing a soothing background. The basement features a couple of arcade machines, a pool table, and a well-stocked bar. Here, Peter Parker can be found, effortlessly juggling multiple roles. He moves behind the bar, expertly mixing drinks for the patrons, occasionally performing a few tricks that leave the customers in awe.

Peter's presence is magnetic, his easy charm and skilled bartending drawing a steady crowd. The tricks he performs—a flick of the wrist here, a spin of a bottle there—are reminiscent of his days as Spider-Man, though no one is the wiser.

______________________________________________________

As the day winds down, the café closes its doors, but the bar remains open, attracting a larger crowd. Unlike the guitarist earlier, a woman takes the stage, her voice filling the room with live music. Meanwhile, Peter tends to backroom tasks, managing taxes and ordering supplies.

Suddenly, the singer's performance comes to an abrupt halt, replaced by a scream. Rushing outside, Peter finds several people struggling to restrain a drunk man attempting to climb onto the stage. The singer, Alys, stands in shock, her navy-blue dress soaked in red wine. In a panic, she looks to Peter for help, fidgeting with the microphone in her hand. Their eyes meet briefly, hazel meeting brown, before she hurriedly rushes off stage, the clack of her heels echoing behind her.

Peter swiftly calls Mike, a security guard, to escort the disruptive man out of the bar. Behind the stage, Alys sits with her girlfriend, tears silently streaming down her face as she questions what she did wrong. To upset the man.

———————————

After a long day at the café. In the break room, he changes into sports clothes and jogs home with a backpack slung over his shoulder, the thirty-minute run offering him a chance to clear his mind.

Back at his new place—a modest two-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment with a cozy kitchen and living room—Peter takes a moment to reflect. After a shower, he surveys his surroundings, feeling a sense of accomplishment. Despite losing so much over the past year, he's managed to rebuild his life, rekindle his friendship with Ned, and start dating MJ again. His rent is occasionally late, but befriending the landlord has made things more manageable.