Spiderling

"Hi, Loki," Peter greets.

Loki looks up, setting his book aside. "Hello, Peter."

As they chat, Peter occasionally steps away to attend to customers, but Loki remains, content to observe the bustling café. After a couple of hours, Loki rises from his seat, signaling the end of their conversation. Peter bids him farewell before returning to his duties. This routine continues once a week, solidifying their unlikely friendship.

______________________

As Loki closes his book, Peter hesitates before speaking up.

"Mr. Loki, can you help me?" Peter asks, his tone uncertain.

Loki arches an eyebrow. "With what exactly?"

Peter places a small chocolate dessert on the table, along with a fork. "We want to add this to our menu, but we need a taste tester. Would you mind giving it a try?"

Loki regards the dessert with mild interest before taking a bite. His eyes widen ever so slightly in surprise.

"It's... fine, I suppose," Loki remarks casually.

Peter's face lights up. "Really? Could you try something else?" he asks eagerly, gesturing to another dessert.

Loki chuckles, amused by Peter's enthusiasm. "Of course."

As Loki continues to sample the desserts, Peter watches with a mixture of anticipation and delight, grateful for Loki's unexpected willingness to assist.

—————————

One day, as Loki lingered longer than usual, the duo strolled through the city streets. The street lights shone brightly as the sun began to set, casting a warm glow over the empty street. Unable to contain his curiosity, Peter spoke up. "Mr. Loki?"

"Yes, spiderling?" Loki replied, glancing at Peter with mild interest.

"Why did you stay longer today?" Peter asked, his brow furrowing.

Loki paused, looking thoughtful. "I suppose I simply lost track of time," he admitted with a casual shrug.

"Huh... well, thanks for the piggyback ride, Mr. Loki," Peter said, breaking into a wide smile.

"You're welcome, spiderling. Although, you really should be more careful. Most people don't jump off seven stories and expect to be fine," Loki teased, a smirk playing on his lips.

"I know i tough with my "abilities" i would be okay... but couldn't you just use your magic?" Peter asked, tilting his head.

"I've told you, I prefer not to waste my magic on trivial matters," Loki explained, sounding slightly amused.

"Oh, okay!" Peter replied, nodding as if it all made perfect sense.

___

One day, after weeks of playful banter and growing camaraderie, Peter finally convinced Loki to take him on an adventure across the multiverse.

With a mischievous glint in his eye, Loki relented, deciding to show Peter the wonders and dangers that lay beyond their own dimension. Standing in the back room of Parker's Web Café, Loki began to weave his magic. Emerald sparks danced around his fingers as he traced intricate patterns in the air. Peter watched in awe, his excitement barely contained.

"Ready, Spiderling?" Loki asked, a smirk tugging at his lips.

"Absolutely," Peter replied, his voice brimming with anticipation.