Leaving The Babies

The officer " as you know it's late and no orphanage will be open

The officer " as you know it's late and no orphanage will be open . We don't have any other facility So , for now some of the officer will take care of them and in the morning we will take them to the orphanage till we found their family " said .

Hearing the officer's reply Meera turned towards Ekaksh and said " can we talk " Ekaksh nodded and they both went into a corner . When Ekaksh asks " do you want to say something " Meera replies " they are saying that some of their officers will take care of the babies but I don't know why but I can't trust them . Ekaksh nodded agreeing with her and said " let me talk with the officer "

Ekaksh walked back to the officer and said Ekaksh: "Excuse me, officer. I have a concern regarding the arrangement you mentioned."
The officer looked at Ekaksh, raising his eyebrows.
Officer: "What is it, sir?"
Ekaksh: "I understand that your officers are willing to take care of the babies for now, but my friend Meera and I have reservations about it."

Officer: "I assure you, our officers are highly trained and responsible. The babies will be in good hands."
Ekaksh: "We understand that, but we still feel uneasy. These babies have already been through a lot, and we fear that they may feel unsafe and uncomfortable with strangers."
Officer: "What do you propose then?"

Ekaksh: "We would like to take care of the babies ourselves for the night."
The officer looked surprised at the suggestion.

Officer: "I'm sorry, but I can't just give you the responsibility of two babies. You are neither their relatives nor authorized caregivers. It would be irresponsible of me to release them into your care just like that."

Ekaksh and Meera exchanged worried glances, knowing that the officer was being sensible. They had to think of a way to convince him.

Ekaksh: "We understand your concern, but we assure you that we're capable and responsible individuals. We just want to make sure the babies are safe and comfortable for the night."
Officer: "I'm afraid I can't go against our policy. The babies have to stay in official custody until they can be transferred to the orphanage tomorrow."

Ekaksh: I'm giving you my word , I'll be responsible for everything.
Officer: "since you're a known and trustworthy I'm giving you the responsibility, Are you two sure about this? Taking care of two babies overnight is a big responsibility".

Ekaksh and Meera exchanged a glance before nodding confidently.
Ekaksh: "We're prepared to take on the responsibility."
Officer: "Very well, then. The babies are in your care for the night. You have to come to the station, We'll follow up in the morning to the orphanage."

After the officer left ekaksh turned towards Meera and asked "what are we gonna do now " " do you live with your family or someone " Meera asked. " I live alone and can't take both the babies with me what if I'm unable to take care of them alone " Ekaksh replied while shaking his head lightly. When Meera said " I also can't take them with me because I live with my family they will bombard me with questions and it can be a little difficult tk " " but we have taken theirs responsibility " Ekaksh replied with a sigh.