CHAPTER 9

SCARLETT POV 

It's been two weeks since I got the deal. My team has been working hard in it. A meeting is needed to take place very soon with Mr. Thomas. I entered my cabin, sat on my chair and there's not a single day when the amount of work is less. I opened my laptop and there was a knock. My coffee has arrived. He kept the coffee on my desk. 

I was looking at him, that night he got very uncomfortable due to Mr. Walker presence. Today, he seems fine on the outside. Because what is happening inside a person you might never know. Perfectly combed hair, ironed shirt, pants. 

Are you checking him out?? 

NO. No, I am not. 

But he is. 

"Mr. Thomas" Then, his eyes met mine. 

Clearing his throat he said, "Yes, miss" 

"I want you to arrange a meeting with-" Wait, with Mr. Thomas they both got the same surname. 

What if this cute Thomas is the son of that rude Thomas.

Ugh, the adjectives you added, very much contradicts the fact you are stating. Besides, if he was the son why would he work anywhere even as a PA. 

"Yes, miss?" I do get zoned out a lot.

"I want you to arrange a meeting with Mr. Robert Thomas, Virtu Tech Inc. Try to make it possible this week." I said and the moment I spoke the name I could see surprise in his eyes.

Ahh, so I guess I am true. 

Nah, "Are you ok? Did you hear me?" He slightly shook his head. 

"Yes, I heard, and I don't think it will be possible this week." He said with a total disgust not even interested to hide it. And how did he know he won't be present for a week. I stared hard at him, and he was also staring at me. I narrowed my eyes and then, after an eternity later, the disgust was replaced by the expression of when you are being caught off guard. 

"May I ask why you said that?"

"Uhm-uh-no, actually m-my guts. Yeah, my guts. Like it won't be possible this week." I raised my one eyebrow at him. "But may I ask, why you need to have a meeting with him?" 

Oh My God, he is working for a week now for me and he doesn't know. I have in fact given him some files and works regarding this and yet he doesn't know.

"Mr. Thomas, do you know about the deal?" My voice was stern, I was in rage right now, such a carelessness. I hate this. He looked a bit hesitant now.

"Y-yes miss."

"So? Why did you ask this nonsensical question?"

"Uh-ohh, so this deal was with Mr. Robert Thomas. Actually, I didn't know about the person." He was speaking now like how normal it is. 

Isn't he cute??

Cute my foot. 

"And you think it's very professional to not know about our important investors." Then he mumbled something. I heard it like "I already know him more than you"

"What did you just say?"

His eyes widened and shaking his head in a no, he said "Nothing, it's just I will try to schedule a meeting with him this week only." And then he gave me a nervous smile. 

"Seriously Mr. Thomas, if things like this ever happened again, I won't tolerate it. It's not good to have carelessness at all." When I didn't pass him the smile and said in a stern voice, he immediately shut his smile and nodded like a child.