Piece of a Memory

Sovetsky Soyuz quickly agrees to King George V's request. In fact, she immediately agreed and invited her to discuss her business over a drink. Sovetsky Soyuz pours her glass with vodka, the favorite alcoholic drink of the Northern Parliament.

"So what is it you wish to discuss?" Sovetsky Soyuz takes a light sip

"I visited the Iris Libre recently to learn more about the Leviathans attacking. They said Bismarck might have been targeted since the others kansens are ignored"

"Hmm...." Sovetsky Soyuz listens first

"You invited Bismarck and her sister Tirpitz here because you claimed to have knowledge about Beelzebub's nature"

"Do you wish to know the truth?"

"What are you up to? The Northern Parliament have been researching the Leviathans behind Azur Lane's back"

"We need a guinea pig to test on first. The targets were Mammon, Beelzebub, and Satan as they're rather direct and proactive with their methods. The first opportunity that opened to us when Beelzebub attacked Iron Blood"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

From Sovetsky Soyuz's tone emotionless alone, she implies she may have used Iron Blood for her faction's research.

"....A lot happened back then. We thought we had succeeded, but victory doesn't come easy" Sovetsky Soyuz ignored King George V's question

"What did you do?"

"You want to know why we invited those sisters here, right?"

"Yes" King George V immediately confirms

"We asked Bismarck to come for two reasons. It is to help her with Tirpitz's condition and the other....is to serve as one of the baits for Beelzebub"

"Bait?" King George V grits her teeth

Normally, King George V will raise her voice and slam the table, but she has enough self-control to remind her current objective and not bring disgrace to the Royal Navy.

"We only needed Bismarck as bait. With her presence alone, Beelzebub will be forced to act"

"If that's the case, why invite her sister as well?"

"We can't have the bait without the target after all"

Sovetsky Soyuz takes another sip of her vodka while remains casual and stoic with admitting that Bismarck's purpose is to be a bait to a Leviathan.

"Wait....you're saying her sister is...."

"Tirpitz died fighting Beelzebub. We only confirmed it when Chkalov and Belorussiya visited Iron Blood. The one moving and speaking in her stead is a parasite occupying her corpse"

Sovetsky Soyuz gulps down the rest of her vodka and refills it in mere seconds. Her expression remains unchanging and continues to disregard King George V's displeasure for her underhanded methods.

'"How would you-"

"Tirpitz once approached me for help. There was no other way but to gamble her life, so she willingly sacrificed herself to take out Beelzebub. She wasn't supposed to survived, but she did"

"Bismarck and everyone else don't know about this....." King George V takes a deep breath

"She wouldn't allow her sister to sacrifice herself and Tirpitz wouldn't let Bismarck do the same. Tirpitz saw Bismarck was too necessary for Iron Blood, so she made the sacrifice"

"Unbelievable. How will you explain that you had this secret plan, and you knew Tirpitz is already dead?" King George V shakes her head

"I will take that burden. Bismarck has the right to despise me for letting her sister sacrifice herself....and permanently putting her down"