5

Unending Love - A Kion And Maalum Love Story
SEASON 2, EPISODE 9: PROTECTING MAKUCHA

Inside Kion and Maalum's new den?

Maalum: Ok, Kion. What do you want to tell me? *smiling big, since he loves to talk to Kion*

Kion: Please, stay calm when I say his name.

Maalum: His name? *confused* Kion. You're not making sense. What's going on?

Kion: I saw Makucha outside the passageway. He somehow changed and wants to live in our lands.

Maalum: M-M-Makucha?

Maalum's mind travels to that day and he sees Makucha raping him.

Maalum: Nooooooo! *scared* Kion! We can't let him enter the Tree!

Kion: I knew you would react that way.

Maalum: Kion! He's a monster! You know what he did!

Kion: I do know what he did, but he wants our trust. I don't trust him yet, but he has definitely changed.

Maalum: Animals like him don't change. *upset* I hope you already sent him away.

Kion: I tried to but he's still outside of the pass.

Maalum: No way! I want him far far away from here. I need you to go outside and tell him to go away! And you should go with someone else for safety. He can be dangerous.

Kion: Listen. He didn't even want to fight me and Chuluun.

Maalum: I don't care! I don't trust him. I can't trust him. And you shouldn't trust him either. You know what he did.

Kion: I know, but he... nevermind.

Maalum: What? He what? *upset*

Kion: He doesn't want to cause any trouble.

Maalum: Kion. Tell me: do you really believe he has good intentions?

Kion: I do. I always find the good in all animals.

Maalum: But you're talking about Makucha. You know how much I suffered because of him. How can you even think about giving him a chance?

Kion: I know. But I think he really has changed.

Maalum: Okay, Kion. Listen. If you really love me, please send that monster away from my kingdom.

Kion: Fine. I will.

Maalum: *smiling* I know you will. *nuzzles him* Asante.

Kion: Hakuna Matata. *nuzzles back*

Dogo: *walks inside* Dad? Are you here?

Kion: Yeah, son. Come on in.

Maalum: I'll let you talk. I need to go visit Rani. Kion. Please do what I asked you.

Kion: I will, Maalum.

Maalum leaves.

Dogo: Kion. Dad. I need to talk with you about something. *serious*

Kion: What's up?

Dogo: You... Do you really love my mother?

Kion: Of course I do. *smiling*

Dogo: It's just... You're so different from each other.

Kion: I know, but Maalum is the only hybrid and your mom wants to start a family with me.

Dogo: But... You're younger than her. Don't you think that is... well... wrong?

Kion: Listen. Like I told her, age is just a number. It doesn't matter how old I am. All that matters is that your mom and I love each other.