iii.

Main Casts:
NewJeans Minji...herself
IVE Wonyoung...herself
ENHYPEN Sunghoon...An Jun-seo (you)

***

Jun-seo yelled at the thief to stop as he chased him down an alleyway, careful not to slip on the stairs while also trying to keep up with the thief who kept glancing over his shoulder, as if to see if Jun-seo was still chasing after him.

After a few more minutes, the thief came to a stop in a quiet corner of the alleyway, breathing heavily while clutching onto the purse he just stole from the girl. He heaved a heavy sigh and leaned against the wall, slowly sliding down, resting.

"There you are..."

The thief jumped at the voice, immediately getting up while looking at Jun-seo. "Stay back," he warned the latter, slowly stepping away from him.

Jun-seo shook his head and wiped the sweat on his forehead with the back of his hand, "you did something wrong, and you are expecting me to let you go just like that?" he retorted before looking around the ground, looking for something to use to hit the thief.

"It's not even your stuff that I stole!"

"And you think that makes it okay?" scolded Jun-seo before picking up an old flashlight. "Don't be stupid," he added and hurled it toward the thief, hitting him on the forehead.

He yelped and covered his forehead, dropping the purse in the process. Jun-seo took the chance to grab the purse and hit the thief on his stomach with his shoulder, sending him falling onto his butt on the ground.

"Listen, I'm not going to beat you up or anything," exclaimed Jun-seo, putting the purse in his pocket, although the purse barely fit in it. He sighed heavily and ran his fingers through his hair, "but I'm warning you—if you are up to no good again around the area, I will not hesitate to hit you."

And with that warning, Jun-seo walked away. He made his way back to the convenience store and when he got there, he saw the girl sitting outside the store while talking to one of Jun-seo's coworkers. It was Yi-zhuo, the one with red hair.

Yi-zhuo looked in Jun-seo's direction when she saw him, and a smile formed on her face while gesturing for him to come over. Not wasting a second, Jun-seo nodded and approached them, his face flushed from all the running he had to do to chase the thief. It would've been better if the walk back to the store wasn't uphill, but it was, and Jun-seo swore he had seen better days... he was only twenty-two.

"Right," Jun-seo raised his brows and fished out the girl's purse, handing it over to her. "Here's your purse," he said.

The girl looked at him, and then at the purse. Her eyes widened in surprise, probably not expecting Jun-seo to actually be able to catch up with the thief, but he did. "Thank you so much!" She thanked him and took the purse.

Jun-seo shook his head and smiled softly, "don't mention it," he replied and placed his hands on his hips, looking at the store where the counter was being manned by someone else. He cleared his throat and looked back at Yi-zhuo and the girl. "Well, I uh... I guess I will go back to my work now," he bowed to them and excused himself.

After excusing himself, Jun-seo returned to his spot and started to work as usual. But as he worked for the first thirty minutes, his eyes kept looking outside where Yi-zhuo and the girl were talking and laughing while whispering to each other. He didn't want to sound full of himself, but he swore he could see the girl looking at him every now and then.

The rest of the day progressed as usual. Of course, there were some customers that were harder to deal with every now and then, but in the end, Jun-seo's shift ended on a high note.