ii.

After walking Wonyoung to the bus stop, Jun-seo went back to his apartment and joined Jake on the dining table again while Jungwon was still in the kitchen, cooking away. Fifteen minutes later, he entered the dining room and served breakfast for everyone.

"Thanks for the meal," they said in unison before digging into the fried rice that Jungwon cooked. The breakfast was quiet, as it always was in the shared apartment.

Once they were done with breakfast, they went back to minding their own businesses. Jungwon was in his room, getting ready to start the day, Jake was in the living room, playing video games, and Jun-seo was doing the dishes.

While doing the dishes, Jun-seo's mind went back to the conversation with Wonyoung earlier. He stopped scrubbing the pan and sighed, staring at the wall for a while. It would've been the perfect time to talk about his feelings earlier, to tell Wonyoung that he wanted to give their relationship a chance again if possible, but then, realization hit him.

Wonyoung probably wouldn't want that. They had ended the relationship on mutual terms, and they agreed to stay friends, never more than that. It was true that a part of Jun-seo had moved on, but he didn't know if that was just his mind playing tricks on him.

What would've happened if he told her that he still has feelings for her?

Jun-seo was so deep in thought that he didn't even notice Jungwon entering the kitchen. Noticing his friend's expression, Jungwon chuckled as he filled his water bottle at the water dispenser, "why the long face?" he asked.

Snapping out of his thoughts, Jun-seo blinked a few times before looking at Jungwon. "Ah, it's nothing... I was just... thinking about our upcoming results," he lied and flashed a small smile at him.

Jungwon's brows furrowed, "results... results... right, we are getting our exam result today," he exclaimed. "Well, let's hope for the best for all of us," he added with a shrug before putting his water bottle in his backpack and walking toward the hallway.

"Are you going somewhere?" asked Jun-seo, his eyes following him as Jungwon walked out of the kitchen.

"I'm going to the campus for a meeting," he explained, looking at his watch before then looking at Jun-seo with a smile. "I am one of the staff for the freshmen welcoming week," he explained and slipped his backpack on his shoulder.

Jungwon hummed and waved at him, "see you guys later!"

Meanwhile, Jake looked over from the living room, "hey, drop by the convenience store and get me some snacks when you get back from the meeting, okay?" he requested.

Jungwon peeked his head from the archway and gave him a thumbs up, "will do!"

"Alright, I'm really leaving now!" announced Jungwon as he walked toward the front door, finally leaving the house.

After Jungwon left, Jun-seo resumed his washing duty, making sure every single plate was spotless before putting them away in the rack. He looked at the time, 8:00 a.m.. The results were supposed to be out now.

Jun-seo wiped his hands with the hand towel and entered the living room, sitting on the armchair before taking his phone out of his pocket, logging into his university's website to check his final result.

As he waited for the result, refreshing the page over and over again, Jun-seo's brows furrowed as it took too long to load. Jake, noticing the look on his friend's face, cleared his throat. "What's wrong?" he asked while pressing away on the controller.

"It's the uni's website... it's not loading my results," answered Jun-seo.

Jake raised an eyebrow and paused his game, "is it today?" he muttered before taking his phone out, logging into his student account as well. He pressed the 'check result' button and snickered, "huh, it works for me," he said before showing the screen to Jun-seo.