i.

The next morning, Jun-seo woke up early, as he always did, and went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. He hadn't came out of his room ever since he entered it last night, so he didn't know what his housemates were up to, and when he walked past the living room, he saw his friends asleep on the couch, the controllers in their hands while the TV screen was dark, but it wasn't turned off as it occasionally blinked to life with a small window that reads 'no signal'.

"You guys sure filled your semester break with productive activities," muttered Jun-seo before chuckling softly, resuming his walk to the kitchen. He grabbed a glass from the rack and walked to the fridge, opening it and grabbing a bottle of cold water.

He peeked his head up from the fridge when he heard his name being called from the living room. "What is it?" he asked in response.

"Can you get me a glass of water?" asked one of his friends, Jungwon.

Jun-seo didn't say anything, but he did grab another empty glass from the rack and filled it with water for his friend. After he had finished his glass, he lazily made his way to the living room, handing it to the guy who was half-awake on the armchair, his legs dangling on the armrest while he stared at the ceiling.

He extended his hand, and Jungwon took the glass from his hand, muttering a quiet thank you before sighing. "Isn't it weird that the choices we made in our dreams are better than the ones we made in our real life?" he blurted out, and Jun-seo, who was looking around, not really paying attention to Jungwon's words, looked at him.

"What?"

Jungwon raised an eyebrow, "hmm?"

Jun-seo shook his head, "never mind..." he replied and cleared his throat before looking around again, scratching the back of his head. "Ah, I should clean the house today," he exclaimed while walking toward the cushions that were scattered across the floor.

Jungwon yawned and drank his glass of water before pushing himself up from the armchair, "do you need a hand?"

"Nah, it's okay. I will take care of this," refused Jun-seo, placing the cushions on the couch before looking at Jungwon with a small smile. "Why don't you prepare breakfast for us?" he suggested.

"Yeah, sure," nodded Jungwon before stretching his arms, "let me just take a shower first, and I will be right on it."

And with that, Jungwon walked out of the living room and entered his room. Meanwhile, their other housemate, Jake, was just waking up from his sleep. The controller slid down his chest as he stretched his arms, but right before it could hit the floor, he quickly grabbed it. "That was close," he exclaimed while chuckling.

Jake looked at Jun-seo, who was busy organizing the cushions, "oh, good morning Jun!" greeted him with a lazy smile.

"How was your sleep?" asked Jun-seo as he straightened his back and looked at Jake.

"Oh, it was good, like, really good," he replied, slowly sitting up on the couch. He yawned and did some stretching again before finally standing up, a lazy smile still etched on his face as he looked at Jun-seo. "Where is Jungwon?"

Jun-seo walked toward the coffee table and grabbed the controllers from the armchair and couch before placing them on the table, "he said he was going to take a shower, then he will prepare breakfast," he replied.

Jake nodded and hummed lazily, "is that so?" he asked before huffing, "I guess I will do the same then," he added, turning on his heels and walking out of the living room, and into his room.

As he disappeared into his room, Jun-seo watched him. A soft sigh escaped his lips as he looked at the empty pizza boxes on the coffee table, and then at the doors to their rooms—although they were sleeping in the living room and were playing video games all night long, they were not, as people would say, lazybones. It just so happened that they worked part-time at a place that opened only three days a week, and those days being Friday and the weekends.