Camp Cretaceous

It's funny how life works out. One moment you're chilling in your room scribbling down ideas for fanfictions and books, whatever you're heart desires. Then the next your dad walks into the room and tells you you'll be spending the next 6 weeks or so on a dinosaur filled summer camp, located in an amusement park he helped build. That happen to anyone else? No. Fair. But, well that's what happened to Icarus Iden. So now he sits there in his room knees and journal clutched to his chest, while his father looks at him, excited about this.

"Look it's gonna be a great opportunity for you kiddo." He said like he just knew this would be perfect. "There's Gonna be 6 other kids there, it'll be great."

"Right." Icarus said, he didn't wanna complain. He hated complaining and people probably had more important issues than him anyway. "And.. who are these 6 other kids? You know?" He asked nervously.

At that Icarus's father, Duncan, smiled wider somehow. "Oh, no one in particular. Just... Brooklyn."  He said as if that was a game changer. And instead Icarus just stared blankly at his father. Internet super stars didn't mean much to people like him. Duncan eventually figured this out and let out a small chuckle before continuing. "Right. You probably don't know her. Well nevermind about that for now. But point is,  you could make alot of new friends." Duncan said enthusiastically, giving his son a friendly pat on the back.

Something told Icarus that he wasn't getting out of this. Not any time soon anyway.  So with a heavy sigh. He stood up, closing his journal, sticking his pen behind his ear. "Kay... So when do I leave?"

2 weeks later.

Icarus sat in his father's car a suitcase in his left hand, carrying the bare essentials. And on his lap was his journal. Specifically journal number five. It was a black notebook bound in leather with a small little dinosaur sticker and a number 5 drawn on it. Simple but effective. Of course in his right hand was a pen,  Which he was using to scribble down notes and predictions about what camp was gonna be like. But the most common thing he seemed to think about when it came to the camp was, that for sure, it would be the most unforgettable summer ever.

A/N: hey folks. Sorry I haven't updated in a while, and I'm sorry this chapter is short I was hoping to ease myself back into writing which I was thinking this has done pretty well. Longer chapters Will of course come out eventually. Catch you next time.