𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 13

Verena leaned back into Logan, her body draped lazily across his lap in the common area, both mutants now fully clothed. They were speaking in hushed voices, sharing quiet laughter that felt like it belonged only to them. Logan's hands rested on her waist, his thumb drawing idle circles against the fabric of her shirt.

Storm found them like that, her lips twitching into an amused smile. "You two look comfortable."

Verena grinned and straightened up just slightly, glancing at Logan before looking back at Storm. "We like to make ourselves at home wherever we go."

Logan grunted in response, his hand still lightly lingering on Verena's side. "Didn't figure you were in a rush to show us to our rooms."

Storm's eyes sparkled with a hint of mischief. "I thought you might appreciate the tour. Or do you plan on camping out here all night?"

Verena let out a soft laugh, sliding off Logan's lap but not before giving him a playful nudge. "Guess we'll behave for now. Lead the way, Storm."

As Storm turned to guide them down the hallway, Logan got to his feet, trailing behind both women. Verena's eyes roamed the grand mansion as they walked, but her attention shifted back to Storm, a sly smile forming on her lips.

"So, what about you?" Verena asked, her tone light but with a teasing edge. "I've heard about your abilities, but what's it like to control the weather? I mean, I can't imagine having that kind of power and not showing off a little." She gave Storm a playful nudge.

Storm glanced over her shoulder, raising an eyebrow with a smirk of her own. "Maybe I do show off sometimes. You just haven't seen it yet."

Verena's eyes sparkled with interest, her voice taking on a more playful lilt. "I'll bet you do. Maybe you could give me a demonstration later. I wouldn't mind seeing you in action."

Logan, who had been walking silently behind them, let out a low chuckle, clearly catching the playful back-and-forth between the two women. He stayed quiet, though, watching with a bemused expression.

As they reached Verena's room, Storm pushed open the door with a graceful motion, revealing a cozy, softly lit space. Verena leaned in the doorway, giving the room a quick once-over before turning her attention back to Storm. "So, aside from controlling the weather, any other surprises I should know about?" Verena's voice had a playful edge, her lips curling into a smirk.

Storm met her gaze, her own expression teasing as she folded her arms. "I'll leave a few for you to find out later."

Verena raised an eyebrow, stepping closer. "Misteriosa, huh? I like that."

Logan, leaning against the wall just outside, shot Storm a knowing glance. "She's a handful, isn't she?"

Storm grinned, her eyes still locked on Verena's. "I think I can handle her." She turned her attention to Logan, briefly nodding to him. "I'll leave her in your capable hands—just don't make too much trouble."

Verena let out a soft chuckle, slipping past Storm into the room. "Oh, trouble? I'm the picture of innocence." The playfulness lingered in the air as Storm walked away, her strides confident, while Verena leaned back against the doorframe, watching her retreat.

"You really don't know when to quit, do ya?" Logan murmured, shaking his head with a faint smile as he followed her into the room.

Verena shrugged with an amused glance. "Not when I'm having fun." 

Verena walked over to the bed and flopped down onto it, letting out a contented sigh as her body sank into the mattress. "This is the comfiest shit I've ever laid on," she murmured, her words half muffled by the pillow. Logan chuckled at the sight of her sprawled across the bed, looking like she had no intention of moving anytime soon.