The Shadow of Alexia

At 4 years old my entire life changed. One day my dad was at home and the next he wasn't. Things changed after that. Everyone was sad, lots of people visited too. Sometimes I got new toys when they came over.

Alba was a scary teenager but Alexia. Alexia was my best friend and I was hers. She would take me to kindergarten and pick me up, she never missed a soccer game or ballet recital, she was always there. So was her special friend Jenni. Jenni was great, when I was little she used to let me colour in her tattoos, Everytime she got a new one, she's get me new pens to colour on her.

As time went on, Alba and Alexia started moving out. Alexia moved in with Jenni and started getting busy with football, Alba still lived with Mami but was busy with her friends and modelling. Mami did the best she could. She was getting older and more tired, she didn't miss a game or my last ballet recital, she didn't miss the disappointment in my eyes when Alexia or Alba didn't turn up. They were busy, I understand.

It went from seeing them a couple times a week, to once a week, to once a month. I learnt pretty quickly the only way to get Alexia's attention was to either play football or to fuck up. Lucky for me I was good at both. School was boring, it was too easy, I understood it all faster than anyone else. The first time I skipped school, I was 14. No one noticed and no one cared. From there on out it became a routine. At least once a week I'd skip school and hang out with the others.

I personally never did anything too rowdy, just tagged along to enjoy the vibes. The first time I got caught skipping school was by Virginia. She promised me she wouldn't tell Alexia or Mami and she kept that promise. The next time was by Alba, she lost her shit. Yelling at me about how irresponsible I was being and how much trouble I would get in. The second last time I got caught was by Jenni, I hadn't seen her in a while, I was mad at her because of that so when she tried to give me a lecture I yelled at her.

"Y/n, you can't be doing this shit. If Alexia found out she would lose it at you! What would happen if the police got you? What would you do then?"

"Why do you care Jenni? Huh? You left, you haven't been around. You fucked off to Paris and didn't even say goodbye. Tell Alexia, I don't care, at least then she would talk to me."

"Y/n, did Ale not talk to you about this?" Her voice was incredibly soft. That was something I missed about her, the way she spoke, the softness that was hidden from most people.

"She doesn't talk to me at all. She doesn't give a fuck about me."

"Bebeita, we broke up. Thats why I left. we ended things and to be able to heal I had to leave. I am so sorry, she promised she would talk to you about it. I wanted to say goodbye to you myself but Alexia said it would be a bad idea."

From there things spiralled. I didn't want to talk to Alexia, I didn't want to see her. I stopped going to her games with Mami, I would sneak out when I knew she was coming over. No longer did I look up to her, I hated her. I wanted nothing to do with her.

The day I quit football, I felt free. No longer having to play to get my oldest sisters attention, I didn't care for that anymore. I had more time to hang out with my friends, to be a normal fucking teenager.

It took a week, it was quicker then I thought to be honest, but once Alexia found out, all hell broke loose.

"Where the hell is she!" Alexia stormed through the house. Surprising Eli.

"Who Alexia?"

"The Idiota. Your mija?" Alexia huffed. Eli was surprised by the way Alexia was acting.

"In her room with her friend." Before Eli could say anything else, Alexia was off. Swinging open the door and disturbing the peace between you and your girlfriend.