chapter 6

Xinyu fidgeted with her charm bracelet as she waited outside of Sohyun's door, it always alleviated her nerves for some reason. She couldn't remember where she got it, but she felt happy whenever she seen it. Her sister used to get so annoyed at her for making those annoying noises with her bracelet, but it never stopped her.

Sohyun opened the front door to the apartment she'd rented in Kyoto, cheaper than a hotel for long term stay. And when she opened the door, a quite sorrowful Xinyu greeted her gaze. "I... Need to talk to you." She apprehensively spoke, and Sohyun let her in.

She walked into the genkan and took her shoes off, then had a seat at the kotatsu, the heat on her legs helping to distract her busy mind. Sohyun took the seat across from her, "So what's up?" Her attitude was cavalier once again.

Xinyu let out a deep breath, hands trembling from nerves. "All my life... I never considered dating- dating another woman an option..." She spoke with hesitation. "But you, you changed things for me. Made me question everything I've ever known." She tussled with her bracelet once more.

"I- I like you Sohyun." She finally admitted, not just to the other but to herself. Sohyun didn't seem phased, in fact, she expected this reaction the moment she received Xinyu's last text.

They sat in silence for a moment, but Sohyun, almost suddenly, quietly uttered; "You're beautiful." In admiration of all of her one of a kind features.

Xinyu got bashful, almost immediately, and directed her eyes back to her bracelet, but it wouldn't be that way for long. Sohyun got up from the kotatsu and lifted her head up, embracing her in a deep kiss. It was as if the world around her dissipated, and only Sohyun remained in that moment.

A special kind of magic that she had, one that Xinyu wanted to bask in. Sohyun's heat was like a wave of warmth subtly coating Xinyu's body, and she grabbed ahold of her hand, yet unlike the cold and callus hands of a man, her hands were soft and supple.

A feeling Xinyu could revel in, it was all she could ever want, to be connected to such beauty, as if they'd become one sole entity.

There were waves of shock, too, as if surprised that she'd be lucky enough for someone so... Perfect, to want her in the way that she'd always subconsciously desired.

Never before had her heart pounded, nor her thirst quenched or her heart ached for another in this manner.

And Sohyun could say the same, she'd seen the bracelet and known from that very moment, Xinyu was her soul mate. Even if they still needed to get to know each other, that didn't blind her to what her heart knew.

The passion in the air was thick, but before things were to escalate any further, Sohyun stopped herself. "I think we should wait until you have a clearer mind." She said, and Xinyu almost felt disappointed.

"Don't worry, baby. We'll catch up in no time." That made up for it, her natural charisma showcasing itself with ease.

Xinyu left Sohyun's apartment happy, this was the start of her new life, and she was as excited as she could ever be, nothing could kill her momentum. Well, almost nothing...

Chenle: I bought you an anniversary gift! What did you say your address was again?