Chapter 4

6/4/1999

Dear Bonnie,

My mother and I went out to the mall awhile ago. I bought a Butthole Surfers cd for Gene, and a Le Tigre cd for me.

Genes birthday is in 4 days. Cherry's throwing a party for him at her house. She invited me, I'm really excited to go. I heard her house is beautiful, mansion like.

Cherry and I don't talk much, but when we do, she's so nice. Gene is constantly near her, he says shes silly but kind.

I wonder when I'm going to find someone who sticks around me like that. People who love and cherish me. I hope when I do get a person like that, I can treat them with the same respect and kindness they deserve.

I went to the arcade last night. It was kinda empty, no one really likes arcades anymore. It's sad to see honestly.

I played my games, Pac-Man and stuff, but then this dude came up to me. He was definitely punk rock, camo and all.

He asked me if I was single, I was hesitant to tell him. He didn't seem creepy, but you never know. He grinned at me, asking if I wanted to go on a date with him.

He wasn't strange, nor did he seem rapey, so I said yes. His name is Heath.

The date is tomorrow night, I'm making sure that my friend, Fergus, can just get a table near us, make sure Heath doesn't try to hurt me.

-Jamie