╰┈➤.CHAPTER 3 ♡

FEW DAYS LATER

It has been quite a few days since that club incident happened, my bruises have healed almost. But the pain in my heart feels like yesterday. Aditi has been a huge support, she visits me every now and then. Prateek is busy with his office work. I haven't talked with him properly since that incident, he isn't answering my calls but replies to my messages, maybe busy with his work. And about Nehal she is also busy with her studies and her exams are coming.

Right now I'm in the kitchen baking some cookies for my brother, it's his favourite. He is returning from Europe after about 5 years. These 5 years without him have been a huge challenge for me, he has always been my support system. He is the one who always shields me from mom dad's anger. When he was not here I always felt alone in this house In fact he was the one who convinced mumma papa to let me study further and become a doctor.

Suddenly my phone rang breaking my train of thoughts. It was bhai, I didn't waste a second and answered his call.

"Hello" I said moving towards the window in the kitchen.

"Hello lilu , kesi hai tu" my brother said making me irritated.

"Bhai don't call me that I'm not a child anymore"

" Acha thik hai aur sun"
(Okay and listen)

"Ji bhai"
( yes bhai )

" I have reached the airport and I'm not able to find any cab right now can you come and pick me up?"

Mumma papa were not at home right now and would not return any soon so I guess it would not be a problem if I go to pick him up. Moreover the airport is very close to here. So I agreed.

" Ok bhai I'm coming just wait a little btw I have a surprise for you. "

" What surprise? "

" Vo toh apko akar hi pata chalega." I said knowing very well how much he likes surprises just like me.
( That you'll know after coming home.)

" Han toh aa na jaldi tabhi toh aaunga."
(Yes come fast then only I'll be able to come )

" Arahi hu ruk jao. "
(I am coming.. wait a little)

" Han jldi "
( Yes fast )

" Thik byee "
(OK bye)

" Byee. "

After hanging up the call I instantly kept all the things in their right place my cookies were also ready so I kept them in an airtight jar. And ran towards my car. And started it.

" He's gonna scold me if I get late" I mumbled to myself.

The drive to the airport from our house was 30 minutes long. I stopped the car by a florist shop to buy flowers for my favourite one and only brother. After that I head straight to the airport.

In about 20 more minutes I was outside the airport. I picked up my phone and called him to confirm where he was.

" Bhai kaha ho ap. "
(Brother where are you.)

" Tu jaha hai vahi rhe, mai araha hu mujhe dikh gai tu. "
( You stay where you are, I'm coming to you I found you.)

" Ok bhai "

I was watching here and there to look where he was when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around and there he was.
My brother.

No doubt he has gotten more handsome now. His hair is falling on his forehead, the gap between his teeth is now no longer there, his face is also very clean now before it used to be full of pimples. But now finally I can help him find a girl otherwise it was quite difficult for any girl to like him.

Hehe wasn't it too much ik but it's ok he's my brother and I can roast him.

"Oye kaha kho gai." My brother said to break my train of thoughts.
(Hey where are you lost)

"Kahi nahi dekh rahi hu ab ap aur bure lag rhe ho thoda skincare kiya karo kya pata better lago." I said while controlling my laugh.
( nowhere I was noticing that you are looking more bad now you should start doing a little skincare who knows you might look better)

"Chal jhuthi tujhe pata hai mere college mai ladkiya mere piche piche ghumti thi. Han bas maine hi unhe bhao ni diya tabhi single hu."
(Liar you know in my college girls used to roam around me. But I didn't pay attention to them that's the reason why I'm still single.)

"Acha maine toh nahi dekha toh mai kese man lu?hai koi proof apke pas"
( Really but I didn't see that then how can I believe you? Do you have any proof?)

He just gave me a blank stare and said while looking towards my arm
"How did this happen?"

I was confused at first but then it hit me he was talking about the bruise on my arm. So I said while covering up the situation.
"Nothing I might have collided somewhere."

After saying that I turned and was taking the bouquet out from the car when he said
" Mumma papa ne kiya na ye?"
(Mumma papa did this right?)

Authors POV

On hearing Krish's words Alisha's movements froze for a while but on composing herself she said
" Kya bhai ap ye sab lekar beth gaye ho mai ap-"
(What brother.. what are you starting I-)

"Han ya Nahi" Krish said interrupting her.
(Yes or no)

"Bhai chodo ap kya lekar bethe ho"
(Leave it brother what are you starting with)

"Alisha mai last bar puchuga mumma papa ne kia na ye ?"
(Alisha this is the last time I'm asking you did mumma papa do this ?)

Alisha's eyes watered a little while listening to her brothers care for her.

" Haan "she said and after a while continued"But mai apko ye sab bad mai bataugi abhi ghar chalo ya par tamasha nahi banate h."
(Yes)
(But I'll tell you everything later for now let's go home and not create a scene here)

"Hmm" Krish said while burning in anger.

Alisha picked the bouquet from the car and said while extending the bouquet towards him
"Abhi ap ye lo.. pata h apke favourite flowers lai hu. Aur ghar par bhi apke liye kuch special banaya hai."
(Take this... You know I've brought your favourite flowers. And I have made something special for you at home.)

"Thank you lilu"

"Bhai not again yaar 🫤"

"Acha acha thik h" he said still laughing. Ik he's trying to lighten up the mood so I also laughed it off and started the car.

The rest of the ride was silent if we ignore his snores that were like a damaged loud speaker 😬.

Soon we reached home.
Thankfully Mumma Papa wasn't at home and I headed straight to the kitchen to bring the cookies I had baked for bhai.

While I was still in the kitchen I remembered that I had planned to surprise Prateek as his birthday was approaching. So I called him.

────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆────

So this was Chapter 3 hope you guys liked it, and if you did then please vote.

What do you guys think why has prateek called her?

Thanks for reading it till here.

Words count : 1206