The Bird in the cage

Warning:This story contains topics like death, gore, torture and despair

APhox Story

(song used for this story as inspiration: Billie Eilish – lovely, Antidote by WE ARE THE EMPTY, Taste of death-Mori Calliope, Nighcore sarcasm, Pull me apart-Neffex, Da Capo – honkai impact, Nightglow - Tanya Chua, glorymax-by tak)

I came into existence in a dark room inside a red glowing cyrcle.

I cant say i was born. My kind just gets summoned. Thats why i say „I came into existence."

We have no father, no mother and noone that cares about us.

The guy who summoned me was a rich guys kid. A boy who enjoyed it to hurt others.

From the moment we are born we have some intelligence, even if we dont know any language or

common sence.

I wished so many times it was different.

The people in the room were pretty much dissapointed in what they saw.

A thing made out of iron resembling a crow. They probably had wished for something bigger or stronger looking, since having a strong summon decided your place in the society of this world.

In this world the people summon beings from another world and enslave them with magic, binding them to their masters.

These Beings serve as slaves in all kinds of manners.

Some came from worlds completly made out of water and therefore were used for fishing, others came from places whhichwere as hot as lava and used for smithing and than there was me. A thing seemingly made out of iron and incredibly heavy. A bird who cant fly with the sturdiness of a Tank.

But there was one thing that we summons had all in common. We were slaves and were used as those. Disregarding our needs and wishes.

This was something i learned quickly.

After my „birth" they imprisoned me in the same room i was summoned in, closed the door and left no light.

In the beginning my world was darkness. I learned to like the darkness. It was comfortable.

It wouldn't shout at me. It wouldn't hit me and furthermore it wouldn't hate me. Whatever i did it stayed silent.

The rich boy who summoned me was some kind of royal. I dont know what kind exactly, because i was most oft he time in my dark room.

One day they took me and we went on along journey.

It was the first time i saw the light. It blinded me in the beginning. It took a long time for me to get used to the light. But once i did, the things i saw overwhelmed me. In a good way. I learned of the existence of other stuff.

Flowers, clouds, animals and so much more.

But i still prefered the darkness.

They had me in a tiny cage on ourjourney to their destination. And i had to stay in there the entire time while we drove on a cariage which was dragged by two giant lizards.

It took days until we arrived.

The place we were travelling to was a giant castle. Later i learned it was a magical establishment with the purpose of teaching royal kids and kids with affilation to royalitythe ways of their so called „magic".