Dinosaur (Ghost)

There you were staring again. You just can't help it. Shoji was someone who intrigued you. He was a nice guy, and you enjoyed hanging out with him. But why was he always wearing a mask? That question plagued your mind so much.

Every day, you stare. You have been called out on it several times. Each time, you stop and apologize, only to do it a few days later.

Shoji was confused. Why do you always stare? Did you like him? Did you hate him? Was he ugly?

He always wore the mask because he didn't want people to see his face. He was self-conscious about it. It's why he never confessed to you either.

Shoji likes you a lot. His day gets brighter when you talk. But the staring is starting to make him feel bad.

You realize it was getting out of hand, so you decided you were going to talk to him about it. You just had to know.

After class, you approached him, "Hey Shoji. Can we talk a moment? Maybe in one of our rooms so we can have privacy."

He nods and follows you. You make it to your room and shut the door. Shouji takes a seat on your desk chair while you sit on the bed across from him.

You turn to him, "Can I ask why you don't remove your mask?"

Shoji sighs, "Is they why you stare at me so much?"

"I'm sorry. I just have to know. It's rude of but I can't help it."

"I don't have a normal face."

You frown, "So. Why would that make you cover it up?"

Shoji lowers his mask. He feels it's best to just go ahead and show you. He decided that how you reacted would be his next move. If it's a good reaction, he will confess. If it's bad, he will let go of his feelings. Even though he would be heartbroken.

Shoji sat still and let you take in his face.

You got up and walked up to him. You touch the side of his face. Shoji still keeps still.

You smile, "You're cute. Like a cute dinosaur. I like it."

He goes wide eye, "You...you...you like my face."

Tilting your head in confusion, "Would there be a reason why I shouldn't?"

By now, you had stepped back to give him space.

He lets out a long sigh, "I thought I would scare you."

You burst into laughter. You laughed so hard you fell on the floor. Shoji just sat there in stunned silence. What was so funny?

You finally calmed down and sat back on the bed.

You look at him, "You are funny. How could you possibly scare me with such a cute face?"

Shoji blushes, "Are you sure?"

You nod, "Absolutely."

He sucks in a breath and sits up straighter. He's going to confess. She thinks he's cute. That's got to be a good thing. Right?

He reaches over, grabbing your hand, "L/N, would you honor me with a date?"

It's now your turn to blush, "What? Why would you want to go on a date with me? I'm not even pretty. Besides that, I kept staring like a psycho. You can't possibly want to be with me."

He huffs, "You are pretty. I enjoy your company. You don't judge me. I like you. So, please."

You jump up and hug him, "I would love to."

He took you on a picnic lunch at the park. It was cliché but you loved every minute of it. Afterward, it was a nice walk around said park. When the date was over, you kissed his cheek and ran into your room. That left a stunned and blushing Shoji.

From then on, you had more dates. After date five, he made it official. You couldn't be happy. He cared for you a lot, so you got away with calling him your adorable dinosaur.