~1~

༝ ˚ 。⋆ 𓇼 ⋆。 ˚ ༝
Penelopes pov

"Ready 3,2,1 go!" Leaping off the bottom step of the creaky wood I start sprinting towards the crystal clear blue waves, trying not to bump into the other people at the beach setting up their umbrellas and towels. I look back once the water is close to me trying to find her. I finally spotted her catching up to me "I'm going to win!"  I yell back at her as I continue running the water is within leaping distance so I take the jump landing right where the tide hits.

Jumping up and throwing my arms in the air I laugh a little before suddenly two arms come from behind me and pull me into the water, as I'm falling I hear the familiar laugh of my best friend. "Lily!!" I half scream as we make contact with the water, the waves splashing over us, the taste of salt water entering my mouth. Standing up I turn around to see a grinning face looking back at me "Sneak attack at its finest!" She says cheerful; looking back at me. I smile back at her before pushing her in a little scream leaving her lips as she falls in landing on her knees.

" Never leave your guard down!" I say through a giggle as the waves surround me. "That was un-called for." She says through a slight giggle, standing up her light pink two piece bathing suit now darker from the water before diving back into the water. Coming back up after a few seconds "Come on, you slow poke!" I smile at her before dining into the clear blue water, the cold shocking me for a second before I continue swimming out.

About 20 feet from shore Lily grabs my arm getting my attention, I look at back at her the smile on her face, her eyes bright with excitement and pure joy. " Do you ever wish we could stay here forever?" " Of course it would be so nice, but only if there were no sharks" I respond as she looks up at the sky. " Me too"

༝ ˚ 。⋆ 𓇼 ⋆。 ˚ ༝

Back on shore we head back to the blanket and bags we placed earlier in the day. " Are you hungry? " I ask grabbing the bag of gummy bears holding them up facing her. " If you're hungry I'm obviouslyy gonna be hungry too!" She says joyful, ripping the bag out of my hand popping a gummy bear into her mouth.

"Heyy sharing is caring." I hit her shoulder lightly and joking. "Well maybe don't be so slow next time." Saying as she flicks my nose. Suddenly her eyes light up " Ooo!! What if we try to throw the gummy bears in each other's mouths." "Omg yes!... Me first! " Scooting back I get ready for the first shot. " Ok I'm gonna throw it... Now!"  I almost catch it but it ends up hitting my lip "Oww" I say as I start to laugh holding my lip. "Oopsie!" She says also laughing before grabbing another handful of gummy bears, shoving them into her mouth. " I want some don't eat them all you fattie" "Bitch" she says as she whacks me on the leg before handing me the bag.

                            ༝ ˚ 。⋆ 𓇼 ⋆。 ˚ ༝

A bunch of snacks later along with jokes and playful hitting every now and again the sun starts to set. We should get ice cream.. standing up I grab Lily's hand she gives me a confused look before using my hand to help her stand. " Why are we standing?" "It's a surprise" I lock my fingers with hers and start skipping towards the parking lot, " Omg Penelope slow down!" I hear Lily yell from behind me. " Last one there is a rotten egg!!" Going from skipping I start to run " That's not fair! I don't know where we're going!!" Oh yeah I forgot I told her it was a surprise. But she sounds so cute all annoyed like that wait... did I just think she was cute? No- no in a friend way... yea.