~3~

Penelope pov

"Girls! Let's goo" My mom's yell coming out from the car, grabbing our purses we run over to the car "I call shotgun!!!" Lily yells as she grabs the passenger side handle

"Girls! Let's goo" My mom's yell coming out from the car, grabbing our purses we run over to the car "I call shotgun!!!" Lily yells as she grabs the passenger side handle. "Noo!! It's my car!" I say as I grab the handle as well hitting her hand. "Well I got here first so bye-bye have fun in the back." She says smiling as she pushes me gently. "You're sooo annoying Lils!!"I cover my mouth for a second where the fuck did that come from???

Lily stops fighting for the door and looks at me eyebrows raised. "Lils?" "I- um have no idea where that came from" A smile starts forming on Lily's face as she processes what I said I feel a blush rise to my cheeks. Turning around I open the back car door "You can um have shotgun." "Why thank you" She says smiling as I sit down and close my door.

Lily gets in as well and my mom starts driving hearing the light small talk about how the day I went I can't stop thinking about how I called her Lils! Where did that come from though

Lily gets in as well and my mom starts driving hearing the light small talk about how the day I went I can't stop thinking about how I called her Lils! Where did that come from though.. we have never called each other really any other name then our full names I mean she's called me El every now and again but like my whole family calls me that but Lils I have never heard anyone call her that.. and when she grabs me or even lightly taps me my whole body malfunctions and I can't think.. AHH!! WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MEEE!?!

Lily's pov

After thanking Penelope's mom for the ride and walking up to the front door. Opening my bag and grabbing my keys I push the key into the slot hearing the click I turn the door knob stepping inside. "Lily is that you?" Taking my shoes off I walk to the living room where my mom's yell came from. " Yes, hi mom." Waving as I walk by making my way to the stairs leading to my room.

Opening the door I throw my bag onto the ground and flop onto my bed face first, the same thing going through my head over and over again 'Lils, Lils, Lils' I can't stop replaying when she called me that... why why can't I stop it's just a nickname, a nickname she's never called you...

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁ The look in her eyes when she realized what she said, the blush that spread on her cheeks when I looked at her. The way she stuttered when I made eye contact.... ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁

Rubbing my eyes trying to stop my thoughts deciding to change into pajamas I look at the clock on my bedside table 7:34. Jesus time flew by opening my closet I grab my oversized Spider-Man shirts and a pair of white shorts. Changing into the outfit tossing my old clothes into my basket before jumping into bed and grabbing my remote. Loading Netflix putting on Outer banks I start to fall asleep but right before Penelope fills my thoughts again a smile on my face as I fall asleep.

Penelope's pov

The phone ring tone filling the room James answer your god damn phoneee!! Suddenly the ringing stops and the FaceTime call answer tone rings

"JAMES!!"
"PENELOPE!"
"I'm having an identity crisis helppp"
"Whyy what happened?"
"Well me and Lily were hanging out earlier-"
"Ooo Lily dramaaa"
"Bitch don't cut me off"
"Okk sorryy" He says as he puts his hands up while grinning before putting them back down waiting for me to continue

"Ok like I said me and Lily were hanging out earlier and after we went to the beach I wanted ice cream so I did like this let's race to the place only I know where we're going thing"

"Interesting but continue"

"Yea well shh, and when we got there and stuff we ordered and payed but after I payed she grabbed my arm and I felt BUTTERFLIES FUCKING BUTTERFLIES from a single touch of my best friend 6 years and through like the whole day my mind wouldn't stop thinking about just her and it kept going places to like she's so cute and like-"

I stop myself from my rambling realizing what I just admitted I feel my eyes go wide sit there.

"Penelope? I think.. I think you have a um crush on Lily..." His words make me stop breathing as I sit there

"N-no I-i can't I'm straight like I like boys.."

"Penn... he stops talking as he looks at me on the camera I feel the tears sting my eyes I bet he sees them too, Hey hey penn it's ok"

"I-I can't... it's not possible.."
"Oh but Penelope it is and it's okk it's more then ok actually it's amazing" His voice gentle and reassuring as he attempts to make me feel better. I know if I speak I'll break down so I nod and wipe my eyes as he smiles at me.

"Hey I have an idea on what might make you feel better wait right there!"

Confused I nod as he gets up from his bed and walks out of the frame I hear his door open and his footsteps walk out.

After a few moments I hear his footsteps coming back getting louder as he gets closer.

"Ok I'm back close your eyes until I say u can open them okkk?"
"Okk finee"

I hear the movement of his bed sheets as he lays back down "Ok you can open your eyes in 3,2,1!"

When I open my eyes I'm met with James and his cat Misty!!

"Oh my godd MISTYYY!!! I missed you my babyyy!"
"I knew she would make you feel better" He says as he smiles
"You make me feel better too Jamie"
"Ooo Penn are we pulling out the childhood nicknamesss?"
"Jamie just enjoy the moment"

A/N- Heyy hope ur enjoying the story so far! also what's ur opinion on James? -Bella <3