Chapter 11: Shadows Unveiled

The silence lingered in the room as Reid glanced at the unconscious man lying at his feet, the tension that had simmered between him and Sienna still hanging in the air. Sienna, still clutching her wounded side, narrowed her gaze at him, trying to keep her composure. But even in the dim light, Reid could see the way she faltered, her strength beginning to wane.

"We need to move," Reid said firmly, his voice cutting through the silence.

She shot him a glare, not appreciating the command, but she didn't argue. Instead, she staggered toward the wall, pressing her palm against it to steady herself. Before she could take another step, Reid was already at her side, slipping an arm around her waist to support her weight.

"I'm fine," Sienna muttered, but her protest was weak, and she didn't push him away.

"Sure you are," Reid replied dryly, his arm tightening slightly around her as he helped her toward the door. "You can thank me later."

Her eyes rolled, but she let him guide her out of the apartment, not missing the way he glanced back at the target's room. Sienna paused for just a second, biting back the pain as she reached into her pocket and retrieved a small flash drive—the very item she had come for. The mission was still hers to finish, and she wouldn't let the Phantom walk away with the prize she had fought for.

Before Reid could question her, Sienna slipped the drive back into her pocket and straightened herself as best as she could. "I don't leave a job unfinished."

He smirked, his gaze flicking down to where the drive was hidden. "I see that. But next time, try not to get almost stabbed while you're at it."

They exited the building into the cold night, the streets eerily quiet compared to the chaos inside. Reid led them quickly down a narrow alley, his grip on Sienna firm but careful, like he knew exactly how far he could push her before she'd push back.

A sleek black car was waiting for them just around the corner, hidden in the shadows of the alley. Reid opened the passenger door, helping her inside before sliding into the driver's seat.

"Where are we going?" Sienna asked, her voice still sharp despite the obvious pain she was in.

"Somewhere safe," Reid said, his voice low and steady as he started the engine. "Not far. You'll be able to catch your breath."

She glanced over at him, her brow furrowing slightly. He didn't seem like the kind of man who made a habit of offering help. So why was he doing this? And more importantly, why wasn't she resisting?

The car ride was silent, save for the occasional groan of pain from Sienna as the adrenaline from the fight wore off. But she kept her focus sharp, her mind racing as she thought about what had just transpired. She didn't like being saved. She didn't like feeling like she owed anyone anything. Especially not him.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, they arrived at a nondescript building tucked between two high-rises. It didn't stand out—perfect for a secret hideout. Reid pulled the car into an underground garage, leading Sienna out with the same quiet efficiency as before.

The inside of the hideout was minimalist, but surprisingly comfortable—no sign of the danger lurking outside its walls. Reid helped Sienna to a small couch in the corner of the room, lowering her down gently before disappearing into another room. When he returned, he had a first aid kit in his hands.