Chapter 2: A Step On The Wild Side

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

I was so surprised by the reaction to the first chapter that I decided to update weekly instead of bi-monthly, especially since I already have a lot of chapters ready to go! I am just having so much fun. And if you don't know I have a website for this series because I am a dork who enjoy designing websites and I wanted an option just in case something happens to my notion hub page or this account. I'm just weird about having backup options.

Sometimes I will post extra behind the stuff there or I might drop an early update. You can also find a list of all the trans charities and Go Fund Mes I will feature through the course of this story. One last thing since I didn't mention it.

The Harry Potter/Iron Man crossover is just the main crossover and you will see familiar characters drop in and out of this story without rhyme or reason. Again, this fic is just me being extremely self-indulgent as a coping mechanism for my shitty life.I want to mention that Tony's opinion of the ARIA casino and resort is totally his own. I have never been to Vegas, irl.

Featured Charities: J.K. Rowling lives in Scotland and she has been instrumental in the anti-trans laws that are being championed right now. This is why you should support Scottish Trans, a non-profit organization that provides resources and who are also fighting for the rights of trans people in Scotland. 

---

With a smug grin, Tony Stark basked in the standing ovation from the audience. He stood there for a second, just soaking in all the adulation.

Then he gave the peace sign before pivoting on his heel and swaggering off the stage.

"That was wonderful, Mr. Stark." The organizer gushed. "Your theory on infinite fusion could revolutionize the energy sector--"

"Yes, yes." Tony waved him away. "Places to go, people to see."

He nodded to Happy and his other bodyguards, who were following closely behind him.

Obadiah, his second-in-command, had disapproved of Tony attending this convention. In his eyes, clean energy was just a hippy-dippy pipe dream.

Stark Industries was a weapon company, and that was all it would ever be. Tony, however, could see the advantages of branching out, since he wasn't the type of businessman to put all his eggs in one basket.

Tony and his group caused quite a commotion as they strolled through the ARIA hotel and resort. He was thankful that he had his red sunglasses on that night because the flashing lights of the slot machines worsened his usual sensory issues.

They walked past a bunch of card tables, and Tony winked at a hot redhead who was giving him a lascivious once over but kept on moving.

Whenever Tony was in Vegas, he would spend the night gambling a small fortune away, but tonight he wanted something a little different.

Tony sighed in relief as they walked out into the cool air. Free from the smell of stale cigarettes and spilled alcohol. It was September and the scorching desert temperatures dropped once the sun set.

Happy hurried in front of him to open the door of the black limo, waiting for him.

"Where to, boss?"

Pepper, his PA, had allowed him to stay an extra day in the city of sin as an incentive for him to be on his best behavior at this highly publicized event.

Not only that, she had also arranged a room for him at The Bellagio, his favorite place to stay in town.

He would have never gotten a moment's peace if he had stayed within sight of the conventiongoers.