Chapter 4: A Knot Well Tied

This is the first big plot point of this story and I'm so excited to be here! I am also shocked that this fic has reached over 100 subscribers, 84 kudos, and 64 bookmarks! This is so wild and I'm so excited so many people are on this wild ride with me.

I was also surprised at how many people came out of the woodwork to drag Chester (and rightfully so). I think that is the most comments I got on any chapter so far. Yes, Chester is horrible and he will get what's coming to him. *rubs hands together evilly*

This update is an actual chapter and we are back to regular scheduled programming. Now, I will warn right here and now that the chapter has dubious consent because alcohol did have a hand in Tony and Kendis's situation.

I want to remind you that I have a for this series (because I'm extra af). I often drop chapters early on that site, I also post extra content such as behind-the-scenes blogs, character bios, world-building info, and links to all the trans charities I have featured so far!

FEATURED CHARITIES:
This chapter's charity is a U.K. based charity that offers legal resources, lobbies and advocates for trans rights in the courts and with the government. They are one the longest-running trans charities in the U.K. and have done tons of good to push forward equality for trans people.

This week's GFM is from . A eighteen-year-old trans woman who desperately needs the funds to transition. Please donate and/or share Tianah's GFM.

----

 knew they were in trouble before they even opened their eyes. The familiar feelings of the wards didn't brush over their magical senses. But more importantly, they were nude.

Kendis never slept nude.

Kendis could only hear blood rushing their ears. They felt like their heart was going to pound right out of their chest.

They ignored the sting of the sun in their eyes and the throbbing of her head as they sat up in bed, their wand unwaveringly pointed at a white man staring at them in surprise.

"Uh, what are you going to do with a stick?" the man said as he stared at Kendis in amazement.

"You would be surprised," Kendis bit out hoarsely. Their eyes swept over the unfamiliar hotel room. The hotel room was unnecessarily opulent with large floor-to-ceiling windows stretched across one wall and looked out onto the Las Vegas skyline. It had an open floor plan, and from the large bed, they could see a white rectangular sectional and two white recliners facing a fireplace. On the either side was a fully stocked bar that had a few empty bottles on top of it.

Kendis could afford a room like this, but it was something they would never splurge on. The man stood dressed only in a pair of suit trousers. Kendis's gaze raked over him, taking in the short, messy, dark brown hair, neatly trimmed beard, and toned muscular body.

They gasped as they spotted a gold ring on his finger.

The man smirked and raised it up so they could see it better, the utter wanker. "You got a matching one."

"What?!" Kendis squawked. Sure enough, on their ring finger was a gold ring.

The man took out a folded-up piece of paper and waved it in front himself. "You're Kendis Black, right?"

"Yes." Kendis felt sick to their stomach. They were pretty sure it wasn't all due to the massive hangover they had.

"Then yep," Thet man said in an oddly chipper voice. "According to White Wedding Chapel. You are the new Mx. Stark."

Kendis just stared at him in amazement, and they wondered for a second if they were having some type of nightmare. Surely, they would wake up and be back at the shop.