Chapter 2 : Revelations

Stannis Baratheon

Castle Black

'She was alive,' Was the one thing he thought as he looked at his daughter, the one he had burned alive. For what? A prophecy, he burned her alive so he could sit on a throne. His knees bulked, and he fell. He couldn't do anything less when he saw his daughter walking out of flames with four moons dead Jon Snow. His wife was not much further beside him, who had been crying out to stop what was happening to their daughter. She now looked with hope at their daughter. 'You were just as convinced it would work.' He thought as he looked at his kneeling wife.

"I," He couldn't say anything. "For fuck sake, bring them some clothes, and make sure to shut up that woman." Maege Mormont commanded. She walked over to the pair, and the dragons and wolf let her through. He still looked in despair at his daughter. 'What did I do?'

"Your Grace, you have to rise. A King can't kneel." Lord Estermont said, one of the few lords of the Stormslands that were still around. The lord stood where he had been bent, and seeing his daughter alive had truly broken him.

"The man is a kneeler, burns his own daughter, and then still fucking kneels for King crow. Like we all will, conqueror of death, she kissed by fire." One of the wildings mocked him. He noticed it now. All the wildings had knelt. Wildings did not kneel; they had now, not for him but for his daughter and Jon Snow.

He then remembered what Mellisandra had told him when asked about his purpose as Azor Hai. She always said, I only see "snow". He thought it meant he would fight in the snow, but seeing his daughter walk out of the burning pyre with him. Azor hai, it was Jon Snow, not him. He was just a man who killed his brother with blood magic and had tried to burn his daughter alive to wake dragons from stone.

He was awoken out of his stupper by a harsh voice full of anger. "Lord Stannis Baratheon," He looked up and saw Jon Snow standing before him. His daughter stood at the man's side, now cloaked in a black cloak. Her face was that of someone heartbroken, but what shocked him was the disappearance of her greyscale scar. Only a red spot remained.

"I have come to understand you burned your daughter alive." It wasn't a question. It was a statement. He just stared at his daughter as Jon Snow spoke. "For this monstrous and unforgivable act of tried kin slaying. As the true heir to the Iron Throne," 'True heir, of the Iron Throne?' he thought, confused.

"I sentenced you, Stannis, to live at the wall. A way to make up for the worst mistake you ever made, and the world of men might still need your command skill when they come." Jon Snow, a voice of authority that reminded him of his brother when Robert led men into war. Those were the times his brother was at his best, leading men into war.

"Please kill me. I deserve it." He pleaded. He didn't see the hit coming. But his head rang with pain as he felt the cold, comforting snow on his. "Get up," He felt himself being pulled by the collar of his vest. "You tried to burn your own daughter. Alive, you don't deserve a quick end. You deserve to live with that choice." Jon Snow snarled at him.

"Put him into the ice cells, and put the red witch into the one as well. The same applies to anyone who puts Princess Shireen on the pyre. They will be retained as well. Their faiths will be decided tomorrow. Now, after Princess Shireen and I are clothed, I want to know what fuck happened in the time since those cunts killed me." Jon Snow commanded. Jon walked away from him with a look of disgust, and his daughter was flowing, not looking at him once.

Not much later, the man who followed him was rounded up and half-frozen in the ice cells.

Howland Reed