chapter four

"Wells! Let him go!" Clarke yells stopping the fight.

Wells has his knife pressed against Murphy's neck. Although I wasn't watching, he most likely had a valid reason to.

"Hey, enough Murphy," Bellamy pulls Murphy back,

"Octavia. Are you all right?"

"Yeah," she sits resting on one of the larger rocks. I help keep her leg covered, but am slightly pushed back as Bellamy rushes over.

"Where's the food?" He questions. Glad to see where his priorities lie.

"We didn't make it to Mount Weather," Clarke tells him stepping forward.

"What the hell happened out there?" I ask

"We were attacked," Clarke says catching everyone's attention.

"By what?"

"Not what. Who." Josh states making it clear whatever did that to Jasper was human.

"Turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark, he wasn't the last grounder"

"It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here, survivors," Clarke starts her unavoidable speech, "The good news is, that means we can survive.
Radiation won't kill us."

"Yeah, but the grounders sure will," I roll my eyes. Things couldn't just be easy here, could they?

"Where's the kid with the goggles?" Wells asks looking between all of us.

"Jasper was hit. They took him," Clarke suddenly looks down at his empty wrist, "Where is your wristband?"

"Ask them," Wells says nodding towards a smug looking Murphy.

"How many?"

"24 and counting," Murphy smirks.

"You idiots. Life support on the Ark is failing. That's why they brought us down here. They need to know the ground is survivable again, and we need their help against whoever is out there.
If you take off your wristbands, you're not just killing them," Clarke looks down at the full gray wristband on my right wrist.

I'd love nothing more than to keep Jaha on the Ark. Make him suffer like he's made me, but that would also mean siding with the over cocky Murphy and Bellamy and I'm not sure I'm up for that - even though I'm very close with both..

"You're killing us! We're stronger than you think!" Clarke finished, but before anyone could actually grasp her words Bellamy is ranting.

"Don't listen to her. She's one of the privileged. If they come down, she'll have it good. How many of you can say the same? We can take care of ourselves," he has a point. "Clarke and Wells are lucky. If their parents end up here they will get the easy life. That wristband on your arm? It makes you a prisoner. We are not prisoners anymore! They say they'll forgive your crimes.
I say you're not criminals! You're fighters, survivors! The grounders should worry about us!" He yells and the crowd yells back agreeing with him.

"Privileged my ass," I walk away from the rambunctious crowd and up to Clarke. "What do we do now?"

"Now we go after Jasper,"
//
I walk up to Bellamy and my brother, "I hear you have a gun,"

Bellamy lifts his shirt showing the handle of a hand gun.

He smirks back at me and I can't help but roll my brown eyes.
"Follow me," she turns taking a few steps.

"What makes you think you're going on this mission?" Josh asks me

"My friend was hurt. If caring gets me killed, then hang me." I say, "You coming or what, Bellamy?"