Chapter 12

Gage~

We walked out of the restroom with my hand in his, and just like we'd expected, everyone was staring at us as we exited. Some faces full of shock, some with knowing smirks, and some plain full of jealousy. As much as Mystic was perfect in my eyes, I knew that some girls were going to get catty and question our relationship, but it was my job to make sure that everyone knew what she meant to me.

"I need to find Margot," she murmured. "I need to tell her I'm sorry."

I wanted to say to hell with everyone, but she was right. We did own Margot and Chance a better explanation of why we hadn't told them. Now, while I wasn't sure what Mystic was going to tell Margot, I planned on telling Chance the truth. I had to because, truth be told, there was no way we'd be able to keep her abuse under wraps for very long, and it was abuse.

Granted, it was consensual, but it was still abuse, nonetheless. It didn't matter if she begged for it, nor did it matter that it drove me insane. Normal people would be looking for a way to remedy the sick cravings. Normal people would be meeting with a therapist three times a week to cure the unhealthy urges.

However, me and Mystic? We gave into the twisted yearnings. I went at her knowing that I wouldn't stop, even if she asked me to, and she gave herself to me knowing that she'd never ask me to stop. We both knew better, yet we both chose to ignore the dangers of such an addiction. Nonetheless, the fucked-up thing about it was that, even as I held her down and fucked her roughly, I was still loving her the entire time.

I fucking loved Mystic Anderson.

With every bite mark, every bruise, every painful thrust into her body, I fucking loved her. I also knew that my sickness was purely sexual because I didn't feel the need to manhandle her outside the bedroom. Walking around this godforsaken party, holding her hand as we looked for Margot, I didn't feel compelled to violence. I had no desire to be mean to her, belittle her, or ragdoll her. I only felt the compulsion when I wanted her sexually, and the more that she let me debase her, the more I became addicted to her.

We eventually found Margot and Chance in the backyard near the pool, and the pool was now occupied by topless girls and horny guys. They spotted us around the same time that we spotted them, and they stayed put as we walked towards them. I'd consider that a win, depending on how drunk Margot was and how she treated Mystic. However, I didn't give a fuck if they were best friends or not; no one would treat Mystic badly in front of me.

"Margot-"

Margot threw her hand up to stop whatever Mystic had been about to say. "I'm too drunk to have this conversation, Mystic," she said. "I'm drunk and hurt, and I am not going to discuss this while there's a chance that I may say something I'll regret." I could feel Mystic tense beside me, and that had my back up. "I love you, Mys," she continued. "I am not going to let this...secret ruin our friendship."

"I'm sorry, Margot," Mystic whispered sadly. "And... when you're ready, I'll...I'll tell you everything."

I looked down at Mystic. "Everything?"

She turned those hypnotic brown eyes up towards me, and I could see the struggle in them. She was going to test their friendship with the truth. "Everything," she confirmed.

I turned back towards Margot. "What was the plan tonight?"

Her gaze was glacial, but I really couldn't care less about Margot Cross. If she became serious with Chance, then I'd give her more consideration, but for right now, she was just Mystic's best friend and that was it. Now, while she held an important title, she wasn't a threat to me.

No one was.

"The plan was to get shit-faced drunk and pass out after everyone leaves," she replied after a few seconds.