Chapter 3

Autumn's POV

I hate showing emotions. I hate being touched. I hate appearing weak, but none of that mattered in this moment. The only thing I cared about at this moment was ensuring she was ok. I didn't know how to help her with my words, so the only thing I could think of was just to be here and hold her. Let her know that no matter how difficult things seemed, I was going to be here. 

I didn't know how long we stood there, but I didn't care. I would stay right here as long as she wanted. Eventually, she pulled away, but she didn't let me go. She looked up at me but didn't say anything, just stared at me.

"Marjorie?" I questioned, but she still just looked at me. Then she looked down at my lips as she slowly started leaning in. This can't be real, I thought to myself. I have always had a bit of a crush on Marjorie but gave up on the thought it could ever work cause she's straight. Right? Either way, this can not happen. She literally just broke up with Reece and is vulnerable, and I'm with Winter.

"Wow, Marjorie, you shouldn't do that you are vulnerable and don't know what you are doing right now," I said, pulling back, putting some space between us.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me," she said, panicking and jumping away from me. 

"Marjorie, it's fine," I said, but she wasn't listening.

"Oh god, what was I thinking? I just ended it with Reece, and I tried to kiss his sister, and you're with Winter. I'm such a pillock. I am so sorry, Autumn." she said, still panicking.

"Marjorie, stop," I said sternly. She finally stopped talking. "It's fine, you don't need to be sorry. Your emotions are running high, and you are just searching for comfort. I'm not mad,"

"You're not?" 

"No, I'm not why don't you go home I can manage this place by myself today," 

"No, Reece is off today, and I don't want to risk him being home. I think we could both use some time," she said, sitting at her desk.

"Ok, but if you need anything, let me know," I said, sitting at my desk, and we both got to work, but I couldn't focus; my mind was still on what almost happened. I thought I had put those feelings behind me, so why am I still thinking about it? And why am I sad that I might have missed my only chance to kiss Marjorie? 

I shouldn't be thinking about her like that I'm with Winter. I'm happy with him, right? So why is there still a part of me that wishes it was her, not him? I can't think about that right now. Right now, I have to be here for her as her friend.

"Autumn!"  I was knocked out of my thoughts when Marjorie yelled my name.

"Sorry, what?" 

"Are you ok? I called your name like four times," Marjorie said, concern filling her face.

"Yeah, no, I'm fine, just spaced out. What did you need?" 

"I was just letting you know that Charlotte just called and said Sorscha had to go home early Quinn is feeling poorly, so they need someone to cover, so I am going to go help in the rooms," she informed me.

"Are you sure? I can go," I told her.

"No, it's fine. I think it will be a good distraction anyway," she smiled and walked out of the office. God, that smile. She is honestly the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.  No, Autumn, stop it you are supposed to be shutting these feelings down, I thought to myself.

~A few hours later~

It was lunchtime when I heard the door open. A small part of me hoped it was Marjorie, but I knew it was winter so that we could go to lunch together. Even after everything and the fights, he still spends time with me. I still wonder how I got so lucky with him.