Chapter 2

Marjorie's POV

"Reece and I- Reece and I have been having problems," I stuttered, looking back down at my wine glass and playing with the stim.

"What do you mean?"

"Recently, we have been fighting a lot, and I know every couple fights, but it's almost every day, and most of the time, it's about the stupidest things. It gets to the point that I don't even want to be around him." I said, finishing off my wine.

"Is that why you came in so early this morning, to get away from him?"

"Yeah, I just need a little quiet, but I forgot you worked this morning, too," I said as Sara came back over with two more glasses "Here you are"

"Thank you," I said, taking another drink as soon as she set it down, and she walked away.

"Why don't you just talk to him?" Autumn asked softly.

"I've tried we just end up screaming at each other, and honestly, sometimes it just doesn't feel worth it to fight," I said, ashamed.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because what's the point if nothing ever gets resolved, and it feels like we aren't even listening to each other, just screaming at each other," tears are now flowing from my eyes.

"If you love each other, you can't give up. You do still love him, don't you?" she asked, and my eyes went wide. "Of course I love him," I paused, looking away from her "I just don't know if I'm in love with him," I whispered the last part. I didn't hear Autumn say anything after that. After a few minutes, I took a chance and looked back at her. She had this shocked expression on her face.

"I'll always love him, and I don't want him to not be in my life, but I don't think he's the one for me," I said, what I had been thinking for weeks now but never dared to say before.

"Marjorie, if this is really how you feel, you have to tell him," Autumn said, now recovered from the initial shock.

I put my head in my hands now, sobbing, "I know, but it's going to break his heart. I mean, we just moved in together, and he has let it slip on more than one occasion that he wants to spend the rest of his life together,"

I heard Autumn get up and sit next to me, putting her arms around me before speaking, "Yes, it will break his heart, but you both deserve to be with someone who is hundred percent in the relationship, and Marjorie, I think if you are having this tough a time with this, you know you aren't,"

"You're right; I know I need to end things with him I just don't know how,"

"I know you don't want to hurt him, but you are just going to hurt him more if you continue. He will be hurt, but he will get over it, and I know my brother all he wants is for you to be happy whether that's with him or not"

I lifted my head and looked at Autumn, and I immediately noticed how close she really was to me. I never realized how soft and caring she could be.

"Thank you, Autumn," I whispered.

"I'm always here for you, and no matter what happens with you and my brother, I will always be here for you," she said, pulling my hand into her free one and squeezing it. I didn't know why, but when she did that, I felt the heat rise to my face and had an urge to be as close to her as possible. It's probably just I'm not used to her being warm and comforting with me.

"Can I get you another?" we heard Sara ask, coming back to the table. We both pulled away, and I felt disappointed that Autumn let go of me.

"No, we will just take the check," Autumn said, and Sara nodded and left to get us the check.