[3]

"आधा सा वादा कभी ,आधे से ज्यादा कभी ,
जी चाहे कर लूं इस तरह वफ़ा का ,
छोड़े ना छूटे कभी , तोड़े ना टूटे कभी ,
जो धागा तुमसे जुड़ गया वफ़ा का ,
मैं तेरा सरमाया हूँ , जो मैं बन पाया हूँ ,
तुमसे ही , तुमसे ही.. रास्ते मिल जाते है ,
मंज़िले मिल जाती है तुमसे ही, तुमसे ही"

__________________________________________________________________________________

Oberoi Mansion.....

Everyone was sitting quietly on the dining table including Rishit and Kartik as they were told to come home early as Meera, Rishit's mother wanted to discuss something.

Rishit was the first to break the silence. "Maa, aapko kya discuss karna hai?" His tone was casual, but curiosity flickered in his eyes.

( Mom, what do you want to discuss )

Meera placed her fork down, her eyes meeting Rishit's, unflinching and determined. "Bahut ho gaya Rishit. Mene bahut ladkiyan dekh li aur tumne bahut reject kar di. From now, no more blind dates," she said firmly.

( Enough Rishit, enough of me searching girls for you and enough of you rejecting them. From now, no more blind dates )

Rishit and Kartik exchanged shocked glances, neither expecting such a blunt statement.

A soft smile played on their faces after hearing her words, but their relief was short-lived. Meera wasn't done.

"Now," she continued, her voice firmer, "you will marry someone of my choice. And Rishit Oberoi, this is not a request-it's an order."

The smile vanished from Rishit's face, his brows furrowing in frustration. "It's not happening, Maa," he said, standing abruptly, his chair scraping the floor. Without waiting for a response, he stormed off toward his room, leaving his dinner untouched.

Kartik, unsure of what to say, looked over at Yash, Rishit's father, who simply shrugged as if to say, You know how your friend is. Kartik quickly excused himself from the table and followed Rishit upstairs.

He found Rishit standing in the balcony, his eyes fixed on the night sky. The cool breeze did nothing to calm the storm that was clearly raging within him.

Kartik sighed and moved to stand beside him. For a few moments, neither of them spoke, the silence stretching between them like a taut string.

Finally, Kartik broke the tension. "Kab tak, Rishit? Aakhir kab tak tu past mein jeeta rahega?" His voice was gentle but firm.