Chapter 38: Time Bomb

[A/N] Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while. I've been just a wee bit busy. And I'll be taking a road trip on Thursday to see my grandmother (We're going to a family reunion, so that means I get to see a bunch of people I've never met, or do not remember meeting! Hello awkward conversations...). So, anyway, because of this, I'll be uploading today and again Wednesday to satisfy your hungry needs. Enjoy my pain and suffering! :D

Chapter 38: Time Bomb

Tuesday-Saturday

June 4-June 8

Heaven's POV

{NOT EDITED}

A little while ended up turning into two months.

"Hey, boss, Rick's back!"

I'd been watching the girls closely to be sure that no harm came to them, so we were in the same (now furnished) room. There were two beds: a queen and a twin sized bed. Eva and I shared the queen and Alexandria slept on the twin sized bed.

The room was kept warm by a fireplace at the opposite end of the room, even though it was now June, so the girls didn't need it much. There was a dresser in between the two beds, and we used that for the clothes I'd bought us, which was now packed in the bag the werewolves had given us, because we were leaving soon.

I looked at the bedroom door when I heard Justin from the front door. The girls hadn't heard anything.

"Come on, girls, Rick's back." They stood up and followed me out of the room, down the hallway, and down the stairs. He was talking to Kenneth.

"It's safe for you to leave, Heaven. Rick says that the heat has died down tremendously," Kenneth said, turning around. Rick left the room, probably to greet the others.

"And where are they?"

"That's the problem. They've got thousands of people out looking for you, including themselves. They're scattered. Rick spread the rumor that you and the girls were seen headed for Russia, so maybe you'll meet them there."

I nodded. "Thank you, again, Kenneth."

"No problem, dear child."

"What'd I say about calling me that?!"

He laughed and left the room. "See me before you leave, dear child." I growled at him.

We made our way back upstairs and Draken met us along the way. "Get ready to leave, Draken, we're headed for Russia." He was happy to be leaving.

~~~~~~~~

Kenneth had handed me and each of the girls a ring before we left. It was simple gold with a single sapphire on the top. He had also given us something to give to Pierce. It was a letter. He'd said it was very important and that I shouldn't open it. It was urgent that I give it to Pierce as soon as I could. Whatever.

The ring had something to do with protecting us from harsh weather. I don't know. I don't see how a damn ring could protect us from anything.

By nightfall, which we decided would be the best time to travel, we were up in the air and headed straight for Russia. We were high up in the air because we figured that we didn't need any problems. Draken had high eye out, though.

We rode through all night, and with the girls asleep, that only made my job easier. I actually decided to tie the girls to me so I knew for sure they wouldn't fall off. When the sun came up, the girls woke up having to go to the bathroom, so I landed us in a larger town with a McDonald's. Maybe no one would recognize us then.