Chapter 2: The Old Vision

I was going to upload this tomorrow, it being a week tomorrow, but I decided to upload it now. Here you are, and enjoy!♥☺

Chapter Two: The Old Vision

Friday,

February 11, 2011

Alec’s POV

“She said what?” Pierce seemed a little unnerved, which was unusual for him.

“She said that if she came here while some man was here, things would end very badly.”

“What man?”

“This man,” Addison said pointing to the front door. A moment after she said it, we heard a car pull in the driveway. “Do as she says and do not let that man in here,” Addison said, her voice like blades of steel. I released my shadow and found his after searching for a moment.

The princess is here, I just know it, he thought. I shall bring her back and she will be eliminated for the Enforcers. The Mason family will be thoroughly punished. She has to be here.

I left his shadow as he was getting out of the backseat of the car.

The bastard!

I felt myself growl. Addison tugged on the sleeve of my shirt. When I looked at her, she had her finger over her mouth. Then she pointed to her head, and I instantly knew what she wanted. Reaching for her shadow was like breathing. I found it instantly.

Don’t say anything out loud. He can hear you. We cannot let him in. I nodded slowly to her.

She looked at Crispin and they spoke silently to each other. Then she looked at Zane and he knew what she wanted, which gave him a big grin because he wanted it, too. Scarlett went up the stairs with Eva.

“Zane, Cris,” was all Addison said.

~~

Heaven’s POV

“Dextra ad me, supra et subtus me vigilare venenatis natura spiritus in me.  Nullam magna deum nomine quater, redde quod exigit, non video!”

We spoke at the same time, as she’d instructed. By the time we finished speaking, the floor was alight and suddenly I was being lifted from the ground. When I opened my eyes, (I’d had them closed) I was standing in the middle of Cassie’s room.

“I don’t feel any different,” I said.

“Look then, around you. You look different.” Cassie was beside me, and I realized that as I looked at her, she was see-through. So I turned around and saw myself, still seated, eyes closed, and still chanting the same thing over and over again. Then I turned around and saw that Cassie was doing the same thing.